Jun 04,2013
Jun 04,2013
Terrible service from day one. I don\'t know why I didn\'t see it as a sign. On viewing the property I waited 45 mins after the arranged time for someone to show me round, nobody appeared so when I called I was told that someone had come and I was not there. I had been sat outside the house for the whole time and saw no one. They then said that the agent had gone to the wrong house and that someone would be there shortly. When looking round we noticed the carpet was very dirty and needed properly cleaning, the agent said this would be done prior to me moving in at no cost to me. Well that never happened so I had to pay for this myself.

Then when sorting out contracts etc the agent forgot to give us a copy of the agreement and ended up running down the street to catch us up to give it to us.

During my time in the property I had a problem with the boiler. It stopped heating both radiators and water in January when the weather was very cold. So I called the "emergency line" and was told by answer machine to call back during "normal hours" to sort my problem out. This was useless considering it was a Friday evening and normal hours does not include anytime after 5pm or weekend days so I was stuck all weekend without a boiler. I called first thing on the Monday and was told the agent looking after my property and all issues was not at the desk and someone would call me back. Monday afternoon - still no call. So I call back and get told the same. Tuesday comes around still no heating or water. I call up and the agents don\'t know who manages the boiler/whos name the cover was in so I would have to wait until they contacted the landlord - surely this information should be already there incase of this problem? Finally got round to booking someone in just over a week after the initial problem. Ridiculous considering it was so cold. I was having to travel to parents and friends houses to shower and keep warm.

Secondly my washer/dryer broke down and was leaking. Fair enough I had to sort this myself but when I called to ask if there was warranty on it/and whos name it was registered under nobody could tell me this either and the whole "we will call you back" saga began with nobody calling back.

The final straw was when the property was inspected for the second time in the space of 6 months. Before coming to view the property I was asked by the agent if I had any pets. I stated I had a cat that lives out most of the time but comes in to be fed or if it is really cold (he hates being in). The agent said she would call back if this was not permitted. No call back so I assumed the cat was okay to stay.

Anyway first inspection was fine. Nothing was said about the cat being present in the property. I believe he was also inside during their visit as it was cold and I was at work.

Second inspection I received a letter saying "there is a cat in the property" I thought well no shit. He had been there the first time, and was outside during the second visit. They then proceeded to say that a cat was not permitted and needed to be removed from the property before the next inspection. What I wanted to know was why did this not get mentioned during the first inspection?

After this I decided that I needed to move as I needed somewhere where my cat would be allowed and in addition needed a bigger place. I called them up to let them know and sent my notice via email. I was then sent a reply stating that I needed to get the flat professionally cleaned before leaving and flea treated (my cat never had fleas as he was treated routinely but hey ho) in order to get the deposit back. So I replied saying yes that is fine. I then receive an email from the landlord whom I have never met or had dealings with before as the agents were managing my property for them, saying that she was sorry that I was leaving and refusing to get the carpets done as that is what town and county had told her. I had never disagreed to getting carpets done. Anyway my inspection is coming up soon and the property is looking in better condition than when I moved in, especially the carpets!

Anyway would deffo not use these again and have steered well clear of any properties being advertised by this agent whilst looking for my new property.
By: Managing Director
Jun 06, 2013
Dear Noggin123

You have listed a series of complaints that require investigation. You may, if you wish, write to this office so that an investigation may be carried out.

Managing Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Underwoods Town & County Office 1! To leave a new review of Underwoods Town & County Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Underwoods Town & County Office 1