Sep 03,2012
Sep 03,2012
I rented a property in the County Chambers building for 2 years. I had no problems with Underwoods or the property for the first 8 months of my tenancy, things soon went down hill though after that!

*Firstly my washing machine broke down. I reported this straight away, but still had to wait 5 weeks to get a new one (not exactly fair and reasonable time)
*I had a problem with the electrics in the bathroom which I reported 4 times, and nothing was ever done about it.
*I asked for countless meter readings which I never got.
*There were issues with tenants dumping rubbish in the communal areas. I had reported this to property management on a few occasions so imagine my disgust when I received a bill for £30 for rubbish removal services. This was apparently charged to every flat in the building (there are a total of 27 flats in the do the math!!)
*When it came to renewing my tenancy I requested to have my Boyfriend added. I paid all fees as requested and he was initially added on to the tenancy agreement. Somehow over the course of the next 12 months though his name miraculously disappeared from said agreement and Underwoods refused to have any dealings with him.
*There was an incident where the young lady in the flat opposite us got locked out of her flat one morning. She knocked on my door still in her nightclothes with no shoes, etc, and asked to borrow our phone to get someone from Underwoods to pop down with the spare key and let her back in. The response she was given was that there was no-one free in the office and she would have to go and collect the key herself. My Boyfriend kindly offered to collect the key for her(as she had no clothes or shoes on), and on his arrival at the office was greeted by the sight of 4 people sitting at their desks! Yet apparently no-one was free!
* My shower stopped working properly 6 weeks before I moved out. Once again this was something that I reported to Underwoods, yet nothing was ever done about it.
* There were countless times when the lift in the building broke down, this would be reported to Underwoods but nothing was ever done. In fact when I moved out of the property the lift had not worked for 2 months. Not fun when moving out of a second floor apartment whilst pregnant!
* The communal areas of the building were no longer being cleaned, at one point we went 9 months without cleaners coming in, even though it clearly stated in the tenancy agreement that Underwoods were responsible for providing this regular service.

One of the most disgusting things to happen though was when some delightful little urchin vomited in the stairwell one evening. I reported the matter to Underwoods, and was informed that I was not the only person to have made such a report. Nonetheless it was almost 3 weeks before the vomit was cleaned up. You can only imagine how delightful it was to have to walk past the contents of someones stomach every day for 3 weeks!!

So in hindsight I will NEVER use Underwoods Town & County again, nor would I recommend them to anyone else for that matter. They are very happy to get your money out of you, but tried every way possible to try and diddle me out of my security deposit, even though I left the flat cleaner than it was when I moved in.

My advice to anyone looking to rent with them..........DON\'T!!!
Provided a better service, and generally upheld their side of the tenancy agreement.
By: Miss E
Sep 04, 2012
Your company had plenty of opportunity to respond to my complaints accordingly whilst I was a tenant. Sadly they failed to do this, hence my poor review. I got the result I wanted in the end, namely getting my full deposit back and no longer having to deal with the substandard level of service your agents provided.

I also don't see how you can fairly look into any of, as you call them, my allegations when your company's level of record keeping and ability to pass messages on to the relevant people was so atrocious. Therefore I don't believe that my case would be looked into fairly.

I used this site to write an honest review of the service I received whilst under a tenancy agreement with your company. And sadly, instead of using this as an opportunity to take someone's comments into consideration, and see them as constructive criticism, you clearly took offence and replied in an aggressive manner, trying to make out that I'd got you confused with another company.

It makes me understand why the staff of your St. Giles Street branch take the lackluster and condescending attitude they do with tenants, if this is the example being set to them by the Managing Director.

I refuse to get into a drawn-out debate, as you clearly believe that your company can do no wrong. I just hope that you can take this in the manner intended (constructive criticism), learn from your failings and therefore provide a better service to future tenants.
By: MD
Sep 04, 2012

Your allegations are extremely serious. Please write directly to us so that we have an opportunity to know who you are, look in to your allegations and respond accordingly.

By: Miss E
Sep 03, 2012
How come my rent was paid to UNDERWOODS every month until I moved out in February 2012, UNDERWOODS who I had my tenancy agreement with, all correspondence came from UNDERWOODS, and it was UNDERWOODS who carried out the final inspection, and UNDERWOODS who I had a blazing row with in your offices when you were trying to diddle me out of my deposit??? If, as you claim, JP Lettings took over management of the block during my tenancy, I was certainly never informed of it, and surely that would mean that you taking money off me fraudulently??

DO NOT try and pass the buck over YOUR poor service!!
By: MD
Sep 03, 2012

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Underwoods Town & County Office 1! To leave a new review of Underwoods Town & County Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Underwoods Town & County Office 1