May 31,2012
May 31,2012
Awful as letting agents for a tenant! I would never use these again, another faceless unsympathetic company.
High volume of inspections, having to pay to have your tenancy renewed, awful for repairs.

Find it very strange this letting agents has so many "good reviews" and how many are actually from landlords?!
After trawling this site out of interest for the last hour and looking at other agents 9 out of 10 reviews whether good or bad are from tenants themselves - highly suspicious in my opinion!
Also I know someone else who had rented from town and county and have said how awful they were but did I listen? of course I didn\'t... I thought they were possibly just nit picking as the only other letting agents I\'d ever dealt with seemed ok all in all.

When I first viewed the property (which should of been ANOTHER warning sign for me but being young and naive I dismissed it) the letting agent women met me at the door and there was tenants already living there and she knocked once and then after a minute or so just let herself in! To which the tenant was just getting out of the shower and was in a towel, felt very awkward and quite bad for the tenant, the letting agent woman didn\'t seem bothered at all though, but I still went ahead and applied for the house as I liked it so much.

One particular occasion when a repair man did eventually come, even though I had specifically specified for them NOT to be given keys as I wanted to be there and obviously wanted to know a time etc I was told I would be informed, yet the next morning at 8am whilst I was just getting up the 2 repair men let themselves in and started walking up the stairs!!! Obviously I was horrified as a single women on her own.
Not to mention another time an inspection lady turned up without prior notice and also tried to let herself in with a key.

Then a for sale sign was put outside of my house, without informing me of anything! I then asked to leave 2 months early before my contract ended due to my granddad being terminally ill - he had got to a point where he could not look after himself anymore and was in massive amounts of pain most of the time and was offered to go in to respite which he did not want to do and I could see he was going down hill quite quickly at this point so I wanted to move to Dudley to look after him in his home as I wanted him to be as happy and comfortable as possible.

To which I was unsympathetically and unhelpfully told no unless I paid the last two months rent, so with that and having had enough of them and their unwillingness to even compromise I left 2 weeks later anyway but I let them keep my large deposit which was about 6 weeks rent so should of covered the rent they had "lost".
8 weeks later my granddad died.

But to add insult to injury, 6 months later I find a nice letter on my door mat where they have took me to court and provided me with a County Court Judgement asking to be paid in full or it would be going on my credit file which had been unknown to me as they had no forwarding address of mine and the sickening part is, for the 6 weeks rent and a repair that I had asked them to fix while I had been there!! A pipe in the toilet was old and had started to leak all the way down into the kitchen thus making the one of the cupboards start to go mouldy, they blamed me for this??! I was gobsmacked to say the least and very angry and am still to this day. Obviously I couldn\'t afford to pay it in full in a week or 2 and so they have ruined my credit rating and also my faith in letting agents. But they have taught me a valuable lesson, not to ever JUST ring about a repair but to send a letter recorded delivery and keep a copy and receipt!
By: managing director
Jun 01, 2012
I am extremely concerned to read this review and am wondering if we are, in fact, the agent you mean to refer to. My reasons for thinking this are set out below.

Firstly, we are sorry to hear of your bereavement and extend our condolences.

If a tenant has signed a fixed term tenancy it is a legally binding agreement for both parties, the landlord and the tenant. I am sure if a landlord wanted to break a tenancy agreement early a tenant would have much to say on the subject. If a tenant wants to surrender the tenancy early we have a procedure for this. Miss Unhappy would have been offered this procedure..

We have had no court cases in the last 6 months, hence my reason for believing Muss Unhappy has the wrong agent, so cannot identify this former tenant as a defendant in a Possession Hearing. Therefore I would ask this former tenant to post me a copy of the alleged County Court Judgement so I may review it. I would point out to this person that, if they vacated a property in arrears and the deposit was not enough to cover the arrears, the landlord is perfectly entitled to seek payment by way of a court order.

If Miss Unhappy still feels strongly on this topic please write to me with a detailed letter explaining your complaint so that I can review it and respond fully to you. An anonymous review such as this leads me to believe that the review could be false, or the complainant has the wrong agent or the complaint itself has no substance.

Managing Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Underwoods Town & County Office 1! To leave a new review of Underwoods Town & County Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Underwoods Town & County Office 1