Jun 07,2013
Jun 07,2013
I had instructed Cowell and norford to sell my property - after poor marketing the property did not sell( competitively priced), in the end I agreed to put it on rent on advice from the agency - little did I know it was a ploy to extract fees of some sort. After 6 months of renting the property the tenant moved away after thrashing the house and the agency pressured me to release the deposit saying he house was in a reasonable condition - only when I came up from London to view the property did I see what the previous tenant had done . Now the agency refused to put the house on market for rent saying I had to do all the repairs through their workman and quoted an atrocious figure( twice the amount of money received as rent in 6 months ), fortunately I had repairs done by local workmen at a fraction of a cost . I then asked them to put the house for sale and inspite of houses nearby selling my property did not though prices were comparable. When the property did not sell for over a year I called up the office posing as an interested buyer and mentioned my requirements ( fitting the profile of the property which I had put up for sale) I was horrified when my property was not suggested ! This was the last straw and I gave them notice to withdraw the property from the market . I opted for Adamsons and Crossleys as joint agency and they did an excellent work in selling the property. Right from the first week I had multiple viewings and six months later the property sold at asking price. Now I have received a letter from the partner of Cowell and Norford asking me to pay their agency fee as my eventual buyer was introduced by them - what a pack of lies. I never had an offer or viewing by this person in 24 months I was with the agency and now they have the cheek to ask me fees for not selling my property for 2 years. In your dreams - I will be taking them to court ! Their motto seems to be make as much money as possible by advising people to rent out the property when it is up for sale so that hey can claim letting fee and subsequently ask them for money when they have not sold it ! They should be taken to Trading Standards Agency ! Avoid this agent .
They should have at least attempted to sell the property properly and not had the cheek to ask for agency fees when they did not sell the property for over 2 years!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Cowell & Norford Cowell - Norford, Rochdale! To leave a new review of Cowell & Norford Cowell - Norford, Rochdale, please click the link below !
Write a review for Cowell & Norford Cowell - Norford, Rochdale