Jun 12,2012
Jun 12,2012
This is an appalling company and made my 6 months under their management a terrible experience.

Upon moving into the property, I found my bedroom light switch failed to work and reported it immediately. Four months later after countless phone calls, e-mails and visits, I finally had to refuse to pay my rent before someone was sent to fix it. The "electrician" they sent out, and have on contract, was in fact a man who worked full-time for a heating installation company. He was meant to appear midday and turned up at 7pm, after his day-job had finished. He proceeded to install a dimmer switch with a low-energy light bulb (which even those not qualified as electricians should know isn\'t a good idea). The light then blew, the "electrician" left, and my complaints were further ignored.

This is just one instance of disrepair, but we had many more that were ignored for our entire tenancy. For example, I discovered the smoke alarm was due to be replaced in 2011, and when I reported this they basically accused me of lying. I then had to take a photo of the smoke alarm showing the date for replacement, at which point they acknowledged my complaint but still it was not replaced in the entire of my tenancy. Each time we called or visited they simply said "We have no record of your complaint" and passed it onto someone else.

Aside from this, Penny Ashton charged for every single thing you could think of and more. Safe to say I left before my tenancy was up and thankfully have found wonderful service from Pad Residential in Manchester.

To change my mind, the agency could have offered ANY KIND OF SERVICE at all. Instead, they were unprofessional, rude, neglectful and expensive. All of my requests for repair work went unanswered, leaving me without a bedroom light for 4 months until I had to suspend my rent. I would go so far as to say this agency is dangerous, as the \"electrician\" they finally sent to me was unqualified. In my experience, this company is beyond help. It would be best if it was shut down altogether.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Penny Ashton Property Management Office 1! To leave a new review of Penny Ashton Property Management Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Penny Ashton Property Management Office 1