May 21,2013
May 21,2013
Absolutely the WORST experience I\'ve had in my life with an agent. I have landed up paying nearly £700 in fees! Be very careful please. Get them to expose everything before handing over the holding deposit because you WON\'T get it back.
I saw a lovely (and well priced) property and was told by the young lady who showed it to me that it was a month\'s rent as a holding deposit (which would then pay the first month\'s rent) and then just 6 week\'s deposit upon move in day.
I then started discovering extra fees seeping in AFTER I paid the very high holding deposit (which is almost impossible to get back).
- 1 week\'s rent as agency fees
- £45 to change the locks
- £180 inventory fees
- £190 to renew the contract at end of tenancy (ie. to hit "print" on the computer?)
They are very sneaky and don\'t disclose their fees and pretend to either "forget" to send it or say they told you in person (not true...)
They also use horrible tactics like: "we have someone coming in this afternoon to pay the deposit so be quick", or "we have to leave in 5 min" (when you go in to sign the pre tenancy agreement).
I have spoken to several legal experts about this and they have all unanimously said that the people at this agency are crooks (all 3 of them!). And you can easily tell by the BMW they rock up in at viewings.
I am now in debt because of this agency. Seriously do not use them. Even if it\'s a perfect home. You WILL get screwed over. Trust me...
Be transparent with the fees from day 1!
Jun 05, 2013
Take them to court , I did and had my holding deposit returned. Same thing happened to me.
Good luck!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Quality Managed Homes Office 1! To leave a new review of Quality Managed Homes Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Quality Managed Homes Office 1