Aug 24,2012
Aug 24,2012
Where do I begin! The service that I and my partner have recieved has been so poor that it has persuaded me to write a review, which I have never done before.
I telephoned to arrange a viewing on a property that had appeared on the internet a few hours earlier but was told that I could not arrange a viewing because 4 \'high calibre\' candidates had already arranged a viewing and that they were ready to move straight away. I found this patronizing, afterall Start & Co knew nothing about myself and partner. We were ready to move straight away too and what\'s to say that we weren\'t also \'high calibre\'?? using her words. I explained this to the lady but she flatly refused to consider our application together with the others and refused to arrange a viewing. It was pretty shocking considering the property had only been on the internet for a couple of hours and there were only 4 people in the mix. Biting my tongue, I decided to arrange a viewing on a different property and as the conversation continued I found her to be rude and abrupt, it was probably the most tense customer service i\'ve ever recieved! Eventually we negociated a time and a date.. phew! I thanked her and repeated the time and date back before saying goodbye. The day of the viewing... no agent turned up! I phoned and spoke to the same lady, she initially didn\'t remember that she had spoken to me because she lied saying that a viewing had never been booked and there wasn\'t one in their system. I replied that I had personally spoken to her and suddenly she changed her tack and said she had said she would phone me back to confirm if a viewing could be arranged. I\'m sorry, but this was not the case, and even if it was my error 4-5 days had past without her giving me a call back to update me about the viewing. There was no apology, I was made to feel like it was my fault.

After this incident my partner decided to take over the dealings with Start & Co and he recieved the same treatment! Poor phone manner and unkept promises. He tried to arrange a viewing numerous times on a property and made it very clear that we wanted to be considered as the tenant. (He phoned daily and even went in to the office!) )My partner was told that they could not get hold of the landlord, but that he would be contacted asap to arrange a viewing. Carrying on the trend of terrible service a few days later the property was updated on the website as \'let agreed\'! This was the last straw for us. We now believe that Start & Co have their favourites lined up for properties and I don\'t trust them anymore in dealing with people fairly.

Unfortunately the majority of property lettings are dealt with by Start & Co so we have no choice but to use them in future if a property we like is advertised through them. But we will do our best to try and use another agent where possible. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has been patronized and lied to like this by an agent of Start & Co.
Keep promises. Keep customers informed regarding property viewings. Advise customers of letting procedures. Perhaps I have misunderstood the process somewhere along the line? Be respectful over the phone.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Start & Co Office 1! To leave a new review of Start & Co Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Start & Co Office 1