Mar 18,2015
By: 'London Renter'
Mar 18,2015
I am currently dealing with Vicki Phelan with regards to getting a large amount of money they owe me for rent reimbursement and getting my deposit back. I have been absolutely astounded at how rude she has been when I have been nothing but polite and professional.

They are also trying to deduct nearly £200 from my deposit for 'professional cleaning' even though the property was left in a far cleaner state than when I moved in (I have dated photographic proof of this). This seems to be standard protocol for them as far as I can tell.

I am amazed that John Dean have stayed in business having seen the way they operate. They fail to even exercise basic courtesy (and so help you should you challenge anything Vicki Phelan says you owe).

I wouldn't be surprised if I have to pursue legal action in order to get my money back.

If you are looking for a polite and professional agency don't go anywhere near John Dean - I certainly never will again!
Extortionate fees in my view that seemed to be charged to all parties involved - totally lacking in transparency.
Attached Files
By: Vicki Phelan
Jan 08, 2016
You had completed three months of a one year fixed term tenancy when you decided you wished to leave to go to live with a friend. The basis of releasing you from your obligations was explained i.e. you were to pay your landlords reletting fees and you would be free to leave as soon as we had entered into a new fixed term tenancy with another suitable replacement tenant which you agreed. We found a tenant to take the flat on the 13th March 2015 and the overpayment of rent was refunded on the 16th March. The majority of your deposit was refunded on the 19th March with an amount retained regarding discrepancies in the check-in and check-out reports upon which we needed to obtain client's instructions. Our client decided not to pursue for the dilapidations and the balance of your deposit was refunded on the 13th April 2015. We do not consider that members of staff were rude or indifferent towards you whatsoever. We consider the matter was expedited efficiently and speedily to accommodate your requirements.

John G Dean & Co