May 29,2013
May 29,2013
After all the great reviews I'd seen I went to Streets Ahead with a very positive outlook when looking for a property to rent ¢â‚¬â€œ I'm sorry to say I have been very disappointed. They were very good at first, taking into account our requests and suggesting and arranging viewings of suitable properties, no complaints there. After a couple of viewings we found one we really liked, and told the agent, Chrissie, that we wanted to go ahead with it. It was after this point that the problems started.

First we were told the wrong price at the viewing ¢â‚¬â€œ Chrissie had gotten the rent amount mixed up with that of another property, it was actually more than she had originally told us. Next we were informed that the deposit amount was actually more than we were originally told. We said this was okay, so long as the move-in price (deposit plus a month's rent in advance) didn't go up any more. We were assured it wouldn't. Next email we get contains a confirmation of the price we need to pay, which was again higher than the last price we were given. Chrissie had forgotten to add on some fees, no explanations or apologies until I called, starting to get a bit annoyed! To be fair they did then agree that the price had gone up unfairly after we had been told in writing that it wouldn't, and some of the fees were waived.

We later went to meet with the landlady and Chrissie at the property itself. Once we had arrived there, on time, we received a call from Streets Ahead ¢â‚¬â€œ could we actually come to the Streets Ahead office and have the meeting there instead. So we went there and met with the landlady, at which point it came to light that Chrissie had told her one of us was only a temporary tenant and would be moving out soon (no idea where this came from), and that we had one cat who was an outdoor cat and would need a cat flap (we had two indoor cats). As we found out at the last minute that Chrissie was not able to be present at the meeting, we still do not know where this misunderstanding came from. After sorting this out with the landlady we only had minor issues; we weren't sent the moving-in inventory until we prompted them to do so 10 days after it had been promised, had no instructions for the heating, minor things like that.

The next problem arose 5 months after we moved in, when the landlady contacted us to ask if we had had an inspection from Streets Ahead, as she was paying them to do inspections every 3 months. We had not. She got in touch with them and they soon called to set up a time for an inspection. We made sure we were home at the arranged time ¢â‚¬â€œ and no one showed up, no phone calls or texts or emails, nothing. I called the next day to ask about this; it turned out the person who was meant to do the inspection had gone to the wrong address, and when no one came to the door she had just gone home. We rescheduled for the same time a week later. She arrived half an hour late, no apologies, with a small child who was left in our hallway while she took us round the house for the inspection. She then said she would send a copy of the inspection report to the landlady; when I spoke to her 3 weeks after the inspection, she still hadn't received anything.

There have been other minor problems, but I think that gives a decent idea of our experience. I have to say that everyone at Streets Ahead has always been very friendly and polite, but still ... not at all impressed!!
There were repeated issues with wrong and/or information being given, things not being done when requested and things generally being very disorganised. If this had not been the case it would have been a great experience as everyone was very friendly and polite.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Streets Ahead Croydon Branch! To leave a new review of Streets Ahead Croydon Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Streets Ahead Croydon Branch