JSM cost me approximately £5000 due to their complete inability to carry out works to ALL my properties after I authorized them in writing. I was taken to court by tenants for issues I was never informed of. Please see below for an exhaustive detailed report to their failings;
1) Court fine of £1885 made against me due to tenants of Lancaster rd taking me to court
2) Lancaster rd being vacant for 6 months due to tenants leaving unexpectedly and the property not being fit for habitation due to your "contractors consistently letting you down" 6 x £525 = £3,150. I have signed witness statements that were put before the court stating that the tenants were very happy with living in Lancaster Rd and it was exactly what they were looking for as a long term letting..... I believe these documents are also in your possession.
3) A slate not being replaced at 43 Alston Rd when I authorised the work (despite it falling WAY below the £150 limit on required authorisation as stated in your contract) leading to roof leaking for more than a year which means entire roof requires replacing at a cost of £600 plus VAT = £720 Minus the original cost for replacing the tile of £60 = £660
4) Springhurst Close, "repairs to the bath" by ******* property management....... I don\'t even know where to start here. I have made specific instructions that this company was not to be used for any of my properties due to my utter lack of faith in their abilities or probity! Despite this being on file both in Ipswich and Woodbridge, and also having made this utterly clear to both Claire and Elaine, they were sent to repair the bath. The bath was repaired but they left a large hole on the ceiling which was not repaired. This then had wasps set up home in it. This remedial work was completed within a week of Martin + Co taking over management of the property, they are preparing a separate bill for this job as there were a number of outstanding maintenance issues at this property that were also dealt with at the same time (at a cost to me of over £2000... I am not in a position to quantify what if any of that could have been prevented by swift intervention on the part of JSM. Needless to say it goes down as further evidence of endemic failures in fulfilling your contractual obligations.)
5) Personal damages, I have spent 30 years generating a faultless credit history. You have through your own negligence wrecked this and I now have a CCJ registered against me. You have failed in your duty of care (under Tort) and your contractual obligations towards all but one of my properties (as I can also add into the above list your failure to replace the window latch at Black Arches thereby leaving a severe health hazard to the child living there AND invalidating my household insurance in one fell swoop. Plus the criminal tiling carried out by your contractors at Boston Rd makes a full house for the properties managed by the Ipswich branch. It beggars belief that JSM should have charged me 8% of rental income for this \'service\'. I think that for destroying my credit rating £1,500 would be more than fair. For breach for contract, another £1,500
I will of course supply you with any extra information you require to back up this claim. You are of course in possession of most of it though. adding up the above but without the figures yet to be supplied by Martin and Co, we are looking at approximately;
£1885 + £3,150 + £660 + £1,500 + £1,500 = £8,695
Given the summing up by the Judge at the recent hearing, I think that if this were to make it to court, I stand a good chance of exceeding the above figure.
What agent could do to change your mind?
I think after the ridiculous levels of their failings, there would be no action which would convince me to deal with JSM at any point ever again