Nov 22,2011
Nov 22,2011
Living and working permanently overseas, I returned to the UK in April 2010 to resolve several matters but particularly to find an agent to manage my house held in trust to my two daughters. Over several weeks I interviewed several of the established letting agencies in Welwyn Garden City. While all agents were professional I selected Carnegie partly on the personality of the leader of this family firm, who impressed me as a gentleman who respected his staff, landlords and tenants and would be most likely to act diplomatically while upholding contract agreements. I have a preference for family businesses run from home rather than plush high street 9-5 office and for the ability of such local companies to operate economically, avoiding unnecessary costs, which are presumably passed on. My main consideration however was integrity.

Carnegie found a tenant while I was still in England and I was able to meet before my departure. The tenant seemed clear in his understanding of the one year contract. When just four months into the contract and just weeks before Christmas the tenant bought the house next door but one, moved out and wanted out of the let, Carnegie held him to the signed contract and to the cost of re-advertising and some other incidental costs that I might have otherwise overlooked. The short-term tenant was held to his one-year contract. There was no unpleasantness. Happening over the Christmas-New Year period in a cold winter, it was two months before a new tenant was found by Carnegie and during this time Carnegie ensured I was paid by the outgoing tenant (which was incidentally important since both my daughters were at university in the UK and needed uninterrupted monthly payments). In all communications the original integrity, by all of the several staff, has been maintained and being on the far side of the world I have not been in any way inconvenienced. I happily allow Carnegie to sign on my behalf because I have confidence in their knowledge of the area, clients and an absentee landlord's needs. I cannot recommend Carnegie more highly and consider myself lucky to have found such a reputable company.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Carnegie House Letting Ltd Office X! To leave a new review of Carnegie House Letting Ltd Office X, please click the link below !
Write a review for Carnegie House Letting Ltd Office X