Apr 19,2013
Apr 19,2013
I must admit I\'m dubious about some of the other reviews that have been left for this estate agents.

We tried to buy a property through them, and after committing time and money for searches, solicitors, and a survey, we then found out that a strict deadline had passed and the seller had withdrawn.

After making our complaint, Horts responded that we had taken too long over the sale and that it was our fault. Apparently 8 weeks is \'ample\' time to complete a sale. Presumably they hoped we would complete in that time, but they must have foreseen possible complications. The fact they didn\'t tell us about the strict deadline, the fact they then tried to push on us a cheap and quick surveyor, the fact they put us in touch with their recommended solicitor who turned out to be a third party acting for another solicitor in a different county... these facts all add up to tell you what kind of estate agents Horts really are.

Horts tried to take shortcuts throughout and deliberately withheld information hoping the sale would go through quickly. Of course, it\'s not their money that is at stake, there were no risks for them, only risks for us that we weren\'t told about until too late.

To cut a long story short, Horts should be avoided at all costs.
They could have been honest and clear to us from the start.
By: Geoff
Apr 19, 2013
Horts did not make clear from the outset that there was a strict deadline for this purchase. If we had know of this strict deadline from the start we would not have agreed to the sale. They assumed that by bombarding us with calls that we would progress quicker for them, and gambled that the sale would be completed in time.

After we'd carried out a survey we found significant defects with the property. Perhaps the seller and Horts were hoping we'd rush into buying this property and miss these defects? We've expended considerable time and money on trying to buy this property, putting down money for mortgage brokers, soliticitors, surveys, and searches. Horts and the seller haven't lost anything, they took a risk that the sale would complete in time, risking our money and not theirs.

Please, if you have read this far, consider carefully whether you wish to use Horts as an estate agent. They withhold information where it suits them and try to cut corners at every opportunity. Certainly a company to be avoided.
By: Geoff
Apr 19, 2013
Horts did not make clear until far too late the strict deadline date of this purchase. If we had known about this from the start we would not have agreed to this sale. Horts assumed that with enough bombardment of phone calls we would progress quickly with this sale, and gambled that the sale would be completed in time. Of course complications arose with the survey (which presumably the seller knew would come up), and we ran out of time. Neither the seller nor Horts have put any money into this sale, only we have, from the outset (putting money down within a week of the sale being agreed), spending money on mortgage brokers, solicitors, surveys, and searches.

Horts were dishonest and unethical, and clearly have no idea of the kind of timeframe that is needed to ensure a sale can take place. I'm sure 8 week sales do happen, but I'm also fairly sure that complications can delay sales and without telling us about the strict 8 week deadline Horts gambled with our money and time.
By: Mr R Gotschi
Apr 19, 2013
I am the vendor of the above property and wish to make clear that Horts Estate Agents acted in my best interest at all times. I had specific requirements that meant I needed to move within an eight week period. I was constantly updated by my agent but continually frustrated by my buyers who seemed unable to do ANYTHING in a reasonable manner or sensible timescale. I would recommend this firm and feel they have honesty and integrity.
By: Adam Wellesley - Director
Apr 19, 2013
Geoff, as you are aware, I have corresponded with your parents over this matter and we have failed to agree on the circumstances. As you can see from this review site, we do an excellent job in the vast majority of cases. That does not mean however that I am not saddened EVERY time a sale falls through and people loose money. I hope your parents are more successful in their next purchase.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Horts Estate Agents Office 1! To leave a new review of Horts Estate Agents Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Horts Estate Agents Office 1