May 04,2010
May 04,2010
I have been a tenant of Claire Lloyd Properties (CLP) for 8 years. During this time the property has had the usual run of things that go wrong and CLP have always been quick to respond. From the various repairs it is clear that they employ a reliable group of electricians, heating engineers, gas safety specialists and other handymen. There have been occasions when a repair could not be immediately carried out because it involved an expensive repair to the central heating boiler but this was because the Landlord's insurance company insisted on sending their own engineer.

Over the years I have got to know numerous members of the CLP staff when they have carried out inspections (every 3 months) and dealt with issues that have arisen. I can honestly say that I have found them to be nothing but professional at all times. They call you back and have even chased me when the ball has been in my court.

I can see that some people have had a rant on this review page but the problems experienced seem to be the fault of the landlord not CLP or else they are unsubstantiated. I imagine that as an agent, CLP are always going to be as good as the landlord, i.e. if a landlord has a low threshold for authorising repairs then that will delay repairs and if they do not have adequate insurance then essential repairs may be delayed.

As an agent CLP can only keep calling the landlord, they have no real power nor funds to carry out work, so ultimately your experience is only ever going to be as good as the values of the landlord. We have all heard horror stories of private landlords, one of the reasons I use an agent is that it usually signals a serious attitude to responsibility in the landlord.

Like some posters here I do not like tenant having to pay certain fees, it is one thing paying for a credit check but a check out fee really should be the responsibility of the landlord. However, sadly this is typical for the industry and all the other agents do this. The way I look at it one can always decline to agree to such terms or factor it in as a cost of renting.

My experience of CLP and Claire herself is that this is the sort of company that I would want looking after my property.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Claire Lloyd Properties Aylsebury! To leave a new review of Claire Lloyd Properties Aylsebury, please click the link below !
Write a review for Claire Lloyd Properties Aylsebury