Oct 31,2012
Oct 31,2012
Having used - and been disppointed with - Allen & Harris when I had rented with their Oxford branch a few years back, I had promised myself never to do business with them again. However, I found a property that was perfect for me being let through them, so I thought Id give them a second chance, Big mistake.
Same as the first time round they never answer their phone, dont call back when asked, and dont give any clear information when you are finally able to speak to someone. Made up costs both times I vacated one of their properties, which they claimed were in the contract but I had not been made aware of before I signed (one of those mistakes I will take responsibility for - should\'ve read the small print!)
In my most recent experience with them, it took a week to fix an unusable door lock - which meant the property - and I were not secured, when I left the building I had to wedge something up against the door. They said it woudl take a week to complete the pre-tenancy redec & clean - I waited 3! I went my entire tenancy (1 year) with the main heater not working, reported it at least 3 times over the year and nothing was done. I woke up one winter morning and the thermometer in my living room read -4 degrees! Then when I moved out they had the cheek to try and tell me that I hadnt reported it and would be liable for the cost of getting it fixed! I was fuming and asked them to check their records more thoroughly, didnt hear any more on that issue! I am currently looking for another rental property and am deliberately avoiding any properties being let by them - even if they are exactly what I want - its just not worth the hassle.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Allen & Harris office-44! To leave a new review of Allen & Harris office-44, please click the link below !
Write a review for Allen & Harris office-44