Oct 27,2012
Oct 27,2012
I moved in to a property to find that not only was it filthy but it was so dirty that there was food, crumbs and mould on the floor. I in fact had to pay for a hotel room that night becayse it was so dirty it needed two full days of cleaning before i was able to sleep there. When I went to run the tap in the kitchen the water came straight out of the pipe all over the floor - proof that a cleaner had certainly not been to the proper ty before I moved in as promised. You can discover my horror then, when I was charged £50 upon checkout for "professional cleaning".

The refridgerator had rust around the outside and the seals had gone mouldy. I placed a thermometer inside and sure enough, found that it was not going below 15. When reported to Allan and Bath it was promptly replaced, but I do not understand why it was left there in the first place when clearly a danger and not of use. The front door latch was coming off of the wall and when reported this again was quickly fixed, as well as the lock on the post box and the extractor fan in the bathroom which did not work from the moment I moved in. Luckily I had taken a whole week off of work to move in so I was thankfully available to let in the contractors, although again I can not understand why the flat was not made habitable before having a tenant move in.

Although the things mentioned above were quickly fixed, a broken kitchen window plus broken window in the studio area were reported more than once and never fixed, which meant they had to remain shut at all times.

As a furnished studio flat it included a sofa bed - which was in fact a third hard wood when unfolded and therefore unusable as a full time bed - it was frankly more comfortable to sleep on the floor than to sleep on half cushion,half wood. Therefore I bought a mattress which I slept on on the floor for my year living at the flat. I also purchased a microwave. When I moved out of the flat I called Allan and Bath and offered to either leave night items in the flat for the next tenant, or take them to a tip myself. I was told I could leave them there and a note would be put on the inventory to not charge for them. I was shocked to discover eventually that I had been charged for their removal.

After moving out I received a phone call explaining that there would be a charge for "around £20" for cleaning of the flat. Although shocked at this due to the state of the flat when I moved in, I decided to let it pass. Unfortunately when o received my deposit back to my account I was in fact £50 short! When I called to ask for an explanation for this I was told they would look in to it and get back to me. I did not hear back.

Overall a disappointing agency and let.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Allan & Bath Bournemouth! To leave a new review of Allan & Bath Bournemouth, please click the link below !
Write a review for Allan & Bath Bournemouth