Apr 22,2015
By: 'MaryW'
Apr 22,2015
This was my first and final dealings with Contempo Lettings. I had initially enquired into a property for rent by telephone where I was told that I was not suitable for the property due to being a student. I am well aware that certain properties are not suitable for students but this is not always set in stone and due to landlord preference, and also not stated within the ad in this case. I queried this as I currently live in a property which is not suitable for students and was rudely told no. I then went on to mention that it would be worthwhile mentioning this somewhere within the advertisement as to avoid disappointment for anyone else in the future. I was then told the website that I had seen their advertisement on is not their priority and that infact Citylets is instead. It was stated that Citylets had this information as it is the main site they use and not all information posted on various sites is the same, which seems very bizarre in the promotion of the one property. After the phone call I had checked the Citylets website to find there was also no information regarding students there either. To me this is a waste of time and a terrible first experience with someone who is trusted to take care of your home.
The customer service needs worked on greatly. All that I was looking for was an apology for wasting my time and improvements made on the advertisement. There was no remorse shown for the error by Contempo Lettings but instead a level of rudeness.
Attached Files
By: MaryW
Apr 23, 2015
The portal that I had initially found the advert on was LettingWeb and the portal that the member of staff had mentioned was Citylets so there should have been no problems with this. Either way, neither of the sites stated this information and it is an important detail to be mentioned. It has been an error on Contempo Lettings part that could have been put right with a simple apology and correction of the advert, which is all I was looking for. Not to be told that I was, in effect, looking at the wrong website and be falsely informed on the advert within another site.
By: Judith
Apr 22, 2015
Hi there,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I am sorry to hear that your experience wasn't good.
All of our phonecalls are recorded so I will be going over the call with the appropriate member of staff.
On the note of Citylets, this and Lettingweb are the two portals that we have control over, whilst other websites, such as Zoopla, Find a Property.com and others take a data feed from Citylets, however unfortunately we can't update these. This means that sometimes when we update Citylets or Lettingweb, other offshoot sites don't update immediately and unfortunately we have no control over this and we find it very frustrating too.
I do apologise on behalf of Contempo for the way your call was dealt with and will ensure that we make adverts as clear as possible, in line with the relevant portal's criteria of what we are allowed to say.
I hope this helps, however if you would like to speak to me directly that is no problem at all.
Judith