Apr 08,2015
By: 'Daniel'
Apr 08,2015
My property in Glasgow was managed by Goodearl Property for around 5 years. During this time, to their credit, Goodearl collected the rent and paid the correct money to me each month. The property was occupied for the entire period (2 different tenancies). Unfortunately, I cannot offer any further positive feedback. The examples of poor service are far to numerous to mention, but usually hinged around appalling communication. As I am not based in the UK, I found this immensely frustrating, with emails going unanswered for weeks/ months at times. After I eventually cut ties with Goodearl, I established direct contact with my tenants who informed that their experience was similar to mine. I was also shocked to hear that the tenants had brought up maintenance issues with Goodearl, who stated that I was unwilling to address the issues, without even consulting with me. Between tenancies, it transpired that Goodearl failed to check or enforce the inventory, with 2 televisions amongst the many items that were removed, and not replaced, as well as significant damage to walls, floors and contents that was not properly addressed, nor disclosed to me. Goodearl did offer 4 months of commission free service to try and retain my business, but ultimately I had completely lost faith in their competency, and felt somewhat vindicated in my decision to find a new agent when I heard of the poor service and misinformation that was being pedalled to my tenants. Overall, a very poor experience.

Goodearl Property