Apr 19,2013
Apr 19,2013
AVOID like the plague.

Myself and two friends were looking for a 3 bed house to rent in Hulme, Manchester. There was a shortage of available properties at the time so Chris at Shepherd and Gilmour suggested we rent a 3 bed townhouse for 6 months whilst the house was up for sale.

All excited about moving in I got my keys and went round to have a look. Shepherd and Gilmour had not fully secured the property and left a door unlocked resulting in them needing to change every lock the next day- the first sign of their incompetence.

Also since viewing the property there was a leak in the downstairs bathroom which they promised to repaint once it had dried out. It was not fixed when we moved out. I got multiple shocks from the light switches to which Shepherd n Gilmour send a handy man round with a hair dryer....they really care about the safety of their tennants.

We were told when we moved in we would be given additional furniture and a hoover. We ended up buying out of our own pocket a sofa, a coffee table, curtains, a dresser, a kettle, a toaster and a hoover. Shepherd and Gilmour didnt care about kkitting out the house once theyhad our money.

The electricity bills had not been cleared from the last tenant so there was an outstanding bill. We asked Shepherd and Gilmour to fax the meter readings to Eon they never bothered and as a result we were fitted with an electric metre that cost £10+ a day to run in the winter.

The downstairs bathroom was out of action due to the damp, the ensuite shower was broken and they refused to fix it so we were left with only a bath and no working shower.

The thing that made me laugh was that Shepherd and Gilmour wrote to us towards the end of thecontract stating that if we wanted to stay our rent would increase! Needless to say my friends and I are long gone.

After clearing outstanding bills we sent proof through to get our deposits returned, we were told this was done last Friday, it is now the following Thursday and no sign of the money had to ring them 5 times today for them to realise they never bothered to transfer it in the first place! No apology either. \'Apparently\' it will be in my acc tomorrow morning- here\'s hoping!

Avoid these guys like the plague they are rude over the phone and in person.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Shepherd Gilmour Properties Office 1! To leave a new review of Shepherd Gilmour Properties Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Shepherd Gilmour Properties Office 1