Jan 23,2013
Jan 23,2013
I rented a property from Core for approximately 1 year. It is not an experience I would recommend others try.

As another review stated, getting repairs carried out was a nightmare. I will mention that the landlord was largely to blame as Core had a rent collection agreement with the landlord. However, I was told that all contact was to be made via Core. No contact details were given to me for the landlord, and Core refused to give them to me on more than one occasion, despite me putting requests in writing (this is against the law)

Now, onto the subject of these repairs that caused so many problems, first there was the cracked window that took 3 months to have repaired, then there was the leaking gutter that took 10 months and 5 attempts by the landlords "contractors" before Core finally stepped in and got their own contractors to do the job properly (after a lot of complaining from me), the leak from the attic that resulted in water pouring into my sons bedroom on more than one occasion (apparently cheap, nasty magnolia emulsion is acceptable to paint over damp walls)

Then of course........there was the kitchen. A leak coming through the kitchen ceiling from the bathroom above. First reported to the landlords contractors in July 2012, then to Core in August 2012. After botched attempts to fix this by the landlords guys (bit of a theme going on here), Core promised that they would step in and repair the damage. LIES. What followed was 3 months of Jane Allan dodging my calls (as the other review stated, Jane spends a lot of time away from her desk or in meetings), Craig issuing grovelling apologies via Facebook, meetings at Core\'s offices where I was promised the earth and received nothing. My home ended up in such a state, my son couldn\'t live with me as the dampness affected his health, I was diagnosed with severe stress, signed off work and prescribed sleeping pills. My kitchen ceiling collapsed on me and my son, causing problems with my neck and back which are still ongoing, I had nowhere to have a bath or shower at home, my personal belongings were destroyed and my home was treated with zero respect.

I witheld rent, threatened legal action yet Core continued to ignore me. So, I left. Repairs remained outstanding when I went. Half the kitchen ceiling was missing, the bath was still leaking, there was a hole in the hall wall (caused by Core\'s contractor)

Renting from Core almost ruined my life. No, seriously.

I notice that Craig McColl exercised his right to reply to the last negative review. So, Mr McCall, I await your dramatically incorrect, poorly spelt reply.......

Except none of what I say is untrue, I have photos, emails and recorded telephone conversations that prove I am telling the truth. So, go on.....challenge my version of events.

I look forward to your reply.
Not a thing.
By: lmg
Sep 11, 2013
Yes, I have made an assumption that you are not here to help. I have arrived at this conclusion due to you refusing to help me when I was your tenant. So why would you help an ex tenant?

Also, I find "if everything is as you say" extremely insulting. You know very well the conditions I had to live in while I was your tenant. And Jane Allan knows very well the effect this had on my physical health and emotional wellbeing. For you to suggest that I am being anything less than truthful is disgusting.

I have not left a forwarding address because any business I had with Core is finished, and I woild like to move on from that chapter in my life.
By: Carol
Sep 09, 2013
You have made an assumption that we are not here to help, if everything is as you say, why do you refuse to give a forwarding address for corrospondance ?
By: lmg
Aug 22, 2013
No. Why on earth would we have any need whatsoever to "continue correspondence"?

I haven't lived at the property in question for almost a year, your company refused to correspond with me when I was living there, so why do wish to correspond now? Are you planning on refunding the rent I paid when the house wasn't fit to live in? Are you finally going to compensate me for the damage that was caused to my personal belongings? Or give me back the ILLEGAL administration fee I paid prior to renting the property?

No, didn't think so.
By: Carol
Jun 12, 2013
It is a pity that you have had such a negative experience . Please would you be so kind to forward your new address to continue correspondence?
By: Core Lies
May 30, 2013
Thank you for reply to my review. Just a shame you could not reply to my e-mails, messages and calls when I was a tenant in your property.

I really don't see any point in following your complaints procedure now that I have moved out of the property. I had to move as living there was becoming detrimental to my health and that of my family. Renting a property from Core has left me upset, unwell, not to mention out of pocket.

Oh well, I see that you have now rented the property out to some other unsuspecting individual. I wonder how long it will take before the house starts falling down round about their ears........
By: Core Property
Apr 30, 2013
Core Property Management Complaints Procedure
1. A person has been appointed in this office to deal with complaints and you should not hesitate to contact the relevant person. Details are set out below:
Carol Brown-Blair รขโ‚ฌโ€œ Director of Lettings
Core Property Management Limited, Core Property House 4 Claremont Place Glasgow G3 7YR
Tel: 0844 335 1183 Direct Line: 0141 353 1291 Email: Carol@corepropertymanagement.co.uk
2. Where your complaint is initially made orally, you will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint to the person dealing with it.
3. Once we have received your written summary of the complaint we will contact you in writing within seven days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
4. Within twenty-one days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you, in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
5. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, you should contact:
Craig McColl - Managing Director, Core Property Management Limited
Registered Office: 63 Main Street Glasgow G73 2JH.
P.A. Maria Alb Office: Tel. 0844 931 0118
6. If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, then we will attempt to resolve this promptly through negotiations and otherwise agree to enter into mediation with you in accordance with the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) model mediation procedure, or the mediation process operated by the Disputes Resolution Service of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
7. If the complaint has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, we will ask you in writing if you prefer the complaint to be referred to:
a) The Surveyors Ombudsman Service, operated by the Institution in Scotland since 2004, and now UK-wide. The Ombudsman is Ian Smith, who can be contacted by letter at PO Box 1021, Warrington, WA4 9FE. Tel: 0845 0508181
Email: enquiries@surveyors-ombudsman.org.uk; or
b) Another scheme approved by the Institution.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Core Property Management Core Property Management! To leave a new review of Core Property Management Core Property Management, please click the link below !
Write a review for Core Property Management Core Property Management