Jan 11,2013
Mrs Higgins
Jan 11,2013
Following the death of my father, my husband and I decided to move and the "friendly" local estate agent that we had used previously seemed the natural choice to market the property. However, this time was different. I was bullied, harassed and manipulated into selling our house to Joanna Higgins and her boyfriend; pursued even after we had attempted to take our business to another estate agent. Meanwhile, David Lloyd did nothing to manage or stop her behaviour. Our letter of complaint to McDonald and Lloyd was only dealt with after the involvement of The Ombudsman and to date we have received no acknowledgement that our treatment was unacceptable and no apology.
If you choose to use this agent for sales or lettings then maybe your experience will be different to ours. I do not know. What I do know is that when it mattered most to us, this agent made a difficult time in our lives a lot worse.
In all honesty, I could never trust this agent again. Their behaviour, in my opinion, \'crossed a line\' and certainly nearly destroyed us at a time when we were really trying to \'hold it together\'. We are writing this review because we would like others to know that there is another side to this agent if they are dealing with vulnerable people and so to have the opportunity to make an informed decision about whether or not to do business with them.
Attached Files
By: David Lloyd
May 11, 2015
On behalf of McDonald & Lloyd, I totally refute all accusations made by Never Again. This was a rather unpleasant and sad end to a professional relationship in which we had acted for the client and her husband on 3 previous occasions, so one could fairly assume they had been happy with the service we'd provided. This case was referred to The Property Ombudsman (TPO) in 2011 (the only occasion we have ever been investigated by them) and an award made by the TPO which the client refused to accept. McDonald & Lloyd are more than happy to share the TPO case review report with any interested party.

McDonald and Lloyd LLP