“I would never rent with Richard Greener again...”

Aug 29,2018
By: 'Faith'
Aug 29,2018
After reading reviews from previous tenants, I should not have gone through with renting a flat with Richard Greener, as my experience sounds very similar! Firstly, the staff were not very friendly. They did not make me feel welcome and did not seem to be concerned when I was reporting issues with the flat. From the day I moved in there were many issues. I reported these many times and the staff made comments such as 'it was fine when I went in last week', instead of being helpful and reassuring. Many issues were never resolved even after many emails. Some issues were only sorted after I explained I could no longer live there and was moving out. At times the staff have been rude and condescending.
Nevertheless, my worst experience came when I I moved out. After two days of cleaning with my parents the flat was left in a far better state than when I moved in. I received an email from Richard Greener saying thank you for leaving the flat clean and tidy. However they still continued to take £90 of my deposit for 'cobwebs' and 'dusty lampshades'. They said I could return to the property to sort this out but it would cost £35 for a re-inspection fee.This is crazy considering the estate agents is only a five minute walk from the property. I feel they went in to the property determined to find something to charge me for, as there was nothing worth £90 that needed sorting out.
I will never be using Richard Greener again and I would strongly advise renting a property with them.

Richard Greener Estate Agents