Mar 02,2012
Mar 02,2012
I had my property for sale with Bowdens having previously used a different agent. When the price reduced the 'old' agents had a client interested but not until the price lowered. So Bowdens did not sell the house but demanded £1999 + VAT, stupidly I paid £500 cash as I was feeling hounded. Bowdens continued to put the house back on the market, which was making my purchasers nervous. I asked 3 times for my property to be removed but was told by Mr B that he had no computer. Called Right Move they needed instruction from him. Complained to trading standards told me to report to Property Ombudsman, he is not a member so no action can be taken. His website says that he is a member of the Surveyors ombudsman service however called them and he is not a member of that either. Asked his assistant for a copy of his complaints procedure, he doesn't have one. There is no way to redress any grievance against this person. Surely should not be trading without any laid down grievance redress? I am feeling bitter about the whole experience and regret the day I ever met him.
I expect an estate agent who writes on their website 'We are members of the Surveyors Ombudsman Service and you can be assured that when you are dealing with us we will be responsible and professional, enthusiastic and dedicated to work within the code of practice of the Surveyors Ombudsman Service' that this is in fact the case. I feel that this is not an honest or professional trader who took advantage of my being recently widowed to obtain cash from me. If the agent had acted with integrity and professionalism I would have been satisfied. He put my property on the market before my sole agency with another agent had completed, but said he could 'sort it out, there are ways around these things'. But then when the other agent sold the house he was bad mouthing them for this practise and demanded full payment from me. His refusal to take the property off the market could have lead to my purchasers withdrawing. He also reduced the price of my property contrary to my instructions. All in all this experience has been dreadful.
By: My goodness
Oct 25, 2014
This man needs to be stopped! He has also taken from me! I feel a call to the local authorities is due. You would not believe what he has done I'm in shock still.
By: sameboat
Aug 22, 2014
We are going through the same experience at this time. He has fraudulently taken a deposit (close to £2000) for a rental property that was never made available to us. Can anyone advise on how they have successfully gotten their money back from this con agent?
By: anon
Sep 10, 2013
Hi I was just about to pay a very large deposit for a rental property with this agent when. The property was taken off line and still required some work which made me nervous. I was even contacted on a sunday morning about paying my deposit. I asked for some official documentation saying that this would be fully refunded if the let was not to go ahead. I them searched the company online and I thank you because it made me trust my gut feeling and not use this agent. When asked for documentation after a few hours i received a text saying that due to me reading these bad reviews the relationship between tenant and agent wouldnt be good I was offered a gift voucher for a shop of my choice as compensation for my wasted time, which I refused. I just think its funny that it was all ok untill i mentioned I had seen bad reviews and wanted proof my money would be returned if let did not go ahead.
By: stungbybowdens
Apr 24, 2013
sorry to see you've had problems with this dreadful firm too! I paid a deposit for a rental property plus fees equalling £1500 in september 2012, i then heard nothing, when i spoke to ian bowden he said there was a problem with obtaing my references. i've since found out he did not even contact some of my referees or gurantor. He then rented the house out to a new family without informing me. i demanded my money back. He twice sent cheques, once for part of the sum, which he stopped after i had submitting the cheque incurring costs to me. I then was sent a pre dated cheque for several weeks later for the full amount. The cheque bounced incurring me yet more costs. I then eventually received £1000 through bank transfer from him, he said the bank told him not to pay me in full??? Then proceeded to tell me he'd transferred the rest. However he did not. It is now 7 months since i originally paid the deposit for this house i never even lived in and i am still £560 down including bank charges. During this time Ian Bowden has set up new offices, presumably not a struggling company then? I am furious!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of McKenzie Bowdens Leighton Buzzard! To leave a new review of McKenzie Bowdens Leighton Buzzard, please click the link below !
Write a review for McKenzie Bowdens Leighton Buzzard