North Oxford Property Services are TERRIBLE!! When my contract finished, I didn't even look at the properties they have for let, because I would NEVER use them again! This year has been one problem after another.
- We moved in and they only gave us one set of keys for all of us (four tenants) to share between us because they had 'lost' the other sets. They told us if we wanted more before the next week, we would have to get them cut.
- They do not answer calls. Unless you select the option 'pay my rent' on their call screening - then you will reach their office!
- They did not clean our house before we moved in. There was mould and filth around the bath and in the toilet. There was still a hairy hairtie in the plughole.
- The boiler stopped working. It took them ages to fix it. In winter.
- One of our tenants moved out. We all had to re-sign the contract with the new tenant. They gave us a different contract than our original one with more clauses in their favour. They denied it was different until we showed them the old one. They claimed we couldn't re-sign our original contract because they had no copies of it. We threatened to call our lawyers and they told us they were passing it to their lawyer (who obviously told them they were out of line because they called back to sulkily inform us we could sign the original after all!)
- They gave the management of our property to a lettings agent in CARDIFF!! Without asking us!! Now if we have a problem, a workman has to come from Cardiff to fix the problem.
- They rarely adhere to the 24hour notice required by the contract to conduct viewings. Each time, we get angry and ask them to respect our rights, and several days later, they do the same thing again.
- We have just found out that although we pay the contract as a shared amount, they have been charging all of us separate late fees if we miss our payment deadline.
- In the tenth month of our contract, they suddenly introduced a 12pm deadline for the payment of the rent (a deadline which is not in the contract, and which was communicated to us the morning it was put in place!) and then refused to accept our rental payments unless we also paid the late fee when we called them to pay our rents at 12.20pm. We are seeking legal advice about this and they are, of course, being completely disinterested.