Aug 07,2009
Aug 07,2009
Quick to process my application but then failed to respond to SIX attempts to establish if property has a phone-point (either by e-mail or phone).

Also promised THREE times to send copy of tenancy agreement for me to inspect before moving in but a MONTH later I'm still waiting. When asked to speak to manager about issue then told "I said I'd send it to you NOT I have sent it to you".

No wonder estate agents are regarded about as higly as MPs
Sep 18, 2010
Been in the property now for 3 weeks. For the first 2 weeks I had no heating. Now I have heating as long as I don't want it on overnight.

Had to ask for an inventory. When it arrived it was dated 28.06.2008. Nothing wrong with that you might think. Except that I moved in on 01.09.2009. The inventory did not reflect the condition of the property whatsoever. Many items had been removed or were heavily soiled when they were described as in good condition.

No curtain rail gliders with which to hang curtains (I'd asked about curtains at the viewing and was assured everything was OK - curtains were at laundery). Told to go and buy the gliders myself (maintenance of a property is not tenant responsibility). When couldn't find gliders to fit curtain rail I was then told to sort it out myself. Clearly this bunch of muppets have no understanding of the clause "tenant shall not interfere with the fixtures and fittings".

Basically avoid Lewis Wadsworth like the plague. They promise the earth but then treat you with utter contempt.

I am now looking into the possibility of claiming breach of contract so that I can terminate the tenancy.
Aug 15, 2010
Having spoken to the manager the requested paperwork arrived the very next day. To be fair, the manager sounded genuinely appalled at how I'd been treated.

Sadly though the paperwork was incorrect: tenancy for 6 months rather than the agreed 12 and 4 of 11 pages from the tenancy agreement were missing !!!

If you use this agent then be prepared to be on their back every step of the way. My advice: deal with the manager (he's the only one that seems to do what he says he's going to do) or simply look elsewhere.
Aug 13, 2010
Yet again promises have been broken. Was told I would receive an advance copy of the tenancy by Mon but a week later I'm still waiting (add to the three weeks I've already been waiting after previous requests for this to be done). Was also told the manager would call back to discuss the matter but, you guessed it, four days later and I'm still waiting.

In short they smile whilst making promises and then ignore you.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lewis Wadsworth Office 1! To leave a new review of Lewis Wadsworth Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lewis Wadsworth Office 1