So we saw a house and phoned up for an appointment. All fine and went and saw the property and loved it. So we put an offer in and our told ours is the best offer on the table but there is one other and it is slightly lower. At this point were told the vendor has decided to go to a sealed bid which will be opened Thursday at 12pm. So we make our sealed bid, deliver it a day early (Wednesday morning) and expect to hear back Thursday afternoon. Then suddenly Wednesday afternoon we get a call from Andrew Grainger office. Were told the other buyer has come in with an offer 25k over asking and so the vendor has accepted. Then they ask if i still want them to open my bid.
Why did they open or accept an offer before Thursday 12pm when it was suppose to be sealed until then?
Surely the vendor would at least want to look at all the offers before making his decision?
Even if the these two questions are answered why didn\'t they wait until Thursday after 12pm to call us, therefore not making us dubious of the whole process?
Why did they undervalue a house by 25k?! and is this common practice for them to start a bidding war?
As you can see, nothing adds up. Were walking away from the deal but wonder if the vendor is in full knowledge of all the facts an hope he isn\'t being as miss-informed as we were.
We also wonder if we are going to get a call in a couple of weeks saying the other buyer has dropped out but "if we can match his offer its ours"....
If you have to deal with Andrew Grainger i would be very very careful.
What agent could do to change your mind?