Oct 07,2015
By: 'Emma'
Oct 07,2015
Silverman Black will think nothing if wasting your time, wasting their vendors time and seemingly act without a shred of integrity.
I went to a viewing where the vendor himself showed me around and explained that they had already been under offer and after a number of weeks, that buyer had pulled out leaving their onward purchase in jeopardy.
Whilst no agent accompanied me to field questions or host the viewing (probably for the best, in hindsight!) they had told me unequivocally on the phone that were I to offer the full fixed price the property would be withdrawn from the market and they would cancel the open day they'd planned for 6 days later.
Without delay, I responded the following morning with the offer I had been assured would clinch the deal, only to be told the seller was himself actually un-mortgageable for an onward purchase!! Incredulous, while Silverman Black held their hands up in defeated despair (at the loss of not one but two potential sales through themselves) I took the time myself to contact the vendor directly with details of a broker who might yet salvage the situation.
My thanks was a request of an additional £5k to secure the property (um, I think I'd heard that once before?!) & subsequently a TIRADE OF ABUSE from Mr. Walsh, who obnoxiously railed at me before twice hanging up on me. Surely the actions of a man with a guilty conscience, whose furious tone and blackmail-esque tactics were lost on me?!
These people are to be AVOIDED....
This man may have been in the industry a long time but customer service is a skill he does not possess. He could go on a course to learn that and a course for anger management but sadly, I'm not sure there's a course that teaches honesty or integrity!!
Attached Files
Thank God no money left my purse for theirs!!

Silverman Black Sales & Lettings Ltd