Mar 26,2015
By: 'S Ham'
Mar 26,2015
I have to warn people NOT to use this agent!

I went with this company as they're the first agent by the ponds in the High Street. I was given a polished sales pitch about the fact they're independent, they can get me a higher price than other Agents & will do me a deal. I phoned another Agent & they gave me a valuation over the phone £35,000 less than Silverman Black. When I told this agent they had valued higher, they warned me this company is renowned for over valuing but I chose not to listen.

Unfortunately for me the service I received was very poor. A number of viewers didn't turn up. I had to chase SB for feedback which annoyed me as with hindsight they only seem to have 2 members of staff, so they struggle to do what they promise, then after agreeing an offer, no survey for 5 weeks, yes 5 weeks! I phoned them & had to leave a message on an answerphone as no one was answering for the 3 hours (I tried them on 4 occasions). Eventually 4 hours later I get a call back saying the buyer can't now get a mortgage so the house has to go back on the market!

I am sorry but this company is useless! Clearly the over valuing was a tactic, they told me to drop my price by 30k 4 weeks down the line & when they did eventually sell it, they obviously didn't bother to check the buyers ability to get a mortgage despite telling me they did & ultimately they've cost me money in solicitors fees & a survey on my purchase because my seller went back on the market too & then sold the house I wanted to someone else.

I cancelled my contract with Silverman Black & went with another independent agent who was the opposite of them.

Don't risk your hard earned money by going with this agent!

Silverman Black Sales & Lettings Ltd