Feb 07,2017
By: 'Khan M'
Feb 07,2017
Not at all impressed!

I had Silverman Black round along with 2 other agents. Simon was a very smooth talker, telling me he had years of experience with Andrews & was the top agent on Carshalton. He said he had a buyer for my house and was very pushy. unfortunately I fell for his sales spiel, agreeing to his discounted fee of 1.5%+vat and a price £30,000 less than I wanted to go on the market for.

After signing up, the supposed buyer he had never materialised and he then pushed for an open day. Out of 12 viewings booked, only 5 viewers actually turned up. I was really annoyed as I wasted hours for so many no shows. No apologies from Simon & I question whether there was ever that amount of viewings in the first place! No offers were forthcoming & within a week, Simon was forcibly persuading me to drop my already low price further.

I was stitched up on the fee. I was promised great photos and the actual ones taken were dark and of poor quality. He refused to come back & retake them. I could never get hold of him, often leaving a few messages before eventually getting a call back, then it was the pressure I was put under to get a quick sale. This is not what I signed up for.

Having read other negative reviews that I've now found, I can see I'm not the only one who has been tricked. Avoid Silverman Black at all cost.
Very expensive!