Jan 30,2011
By: 'Asif'
Jan 30,2011
Terrible service and will never use this agency again.

My wife and I moved into a property in Reading on the 29th of January. Prior to moving in, we when into the agency and completed all of our obligations.

We arrived at the property to find it unclean. The cooker hadn't been cleaned, the sofas were covered in stains and we moved a chest of draws in the main bedroom to find cobwebs, dust, magazines and a tub of cat food.

Both toilets don't flush properly, the kitchen draws are half broken and the wooden flooring is very dirty.

I called the agents to complain about the cooker and was told that we would have to wait 1 full day (Sunday) until a cleaner could come over thus putting us out for a whole day. I spoke to a girl called Liz who then called me back confirming a cleaner would come in at 9am on Sunday morning.

My wife and I waited from 8am Sunday morning to 10:30am and no cleaner arrived. This meaning that we will have to go another full day without a clean/usable cooker.

Completely unacceptable.

Oh and in reference to the MD comments above, we were also phoned by HomeServe prior to moving into the property who told us that our existing Barclays contents insurance was inadequate and HomeServe are the only agents who can provide full contents cover for our needs.

How did Homeserve get my details? Because I didn't consent to giving my details to them. Also, following the call from Homeserve I called Atlantis on the 24th of January and asked to speak to Matt (the chap who showed us around the property) I was told he was out and would call me back - I received no call.

I called again on the 26th of January and asked for Matt, I told him about the Homeserve call and that I was unhappy with their forceful sales call and he told me that he would get a colleague to call me back to discuss... Did I get a call back? No.

By now I already started to feel I had made a mistake using Atlantis. Funnily enough, when I signed the contract on the Saturday my Barclays contents insurance wasn't even questioned.

So, we have had poor service, no returned calls, a house which is unclean, a cleaner who has failed to turn up and this is all from a fully managed property.

Because of the disgusting service received I will be going in to Atlantis on Monday to complain and give them an opportunity to rectify the situation. If nothing is agreed, I have no problems consulting a solicitor to seek legal action.

If anyone thinks I am being unreasonable I am more than happy to provide pictures to show you the poor, dirty condition of the house.

Asif Mahmud

(No, I will not call you, you should have my details on your system)
By: Asif Mahmud
Feb 26, 2011
*Update*

Since writing my last comment, all outstanding disputes have been resolved. Atlantis admitted there had been communication issues internally which will be addressed going forward.

Hopefully we can now enjoy the rest of our tenancy without further disruptions.
By: Asif mahmud
Feb 14, 2011
Further to my above post, I would like to add an update.

I went into Atlantis and spoke to James Hathaway who is a director. He was very sympathetic to what had gone on and agreed to follow up on our complaints.

He did follow up on our complaints and our house was professionally cleaned. Unfortunately we have had more issues with the house and agency.

The blind in the bathroom broke and although the agency sent someone over to fix it, they had to order a new one so we are now without a blind in the bathroom for at least 7 days - the problem with this is that the bath is right next to the clear window and with a school opposite so not ideal so now we can't have a bath in the house and there is no shower.

Next the dishwasher started leaking all over the kitchen floor. Atlantis sent someone over 2 days later to take a look, he couldn't repair the problem and said they needed a 'proper' plumber. So 3 days later I had to go into Atlantis to chase them up because a plumber hadn't turned up and the dishwasher is still leaking.

They arranged for a plumber to turn up on Monday morning 10am 14th of Feb, I waited all morning and no plumber. No surprises?

I rang Atlantis, told our property manager was away from her desk so I left her a voicemail. I rang 30 mins later and she had gone on lunch.

Like she never listened to my voicemail?

This is typical of the crap service we have received so far.

*UPDATE* Just had a phone call from Atlantis, apparently the plumber has been called to an emergency so he won't be able to attend but can come tomorrow at 9am.

So I guess the fact that we have had water leaking all over the kitchen floor for over a week - they don't class that as an emergency.

Oh and Andrew Strong did call me after my first post to offer his apologies and promised to send me his details to my email so I could contact him. I didn't receive your email.

Atlantis Property