Mar 19,2015
By: 'Mohit'
Mar 19,2015
I used Atlantis Property for renting an apartment. In the beginning they all seemed nice and very cooperative. The landlord clearly mentioned that he used Atlantis only for finding the tenant. The property was managed by landlord. Once the 12 months of contract was over the agency never contacted me for extension or any renewal charges. The landlord notified me that I can continue to stay without any need of renewing the contract. The understanding of continuing to stay at the property was between the landlord and me (tenant). When I vacated the property, the landlord directed atlantis to return the complete deposit. Atlantis unfairly deducted 372 pounds from the deposit against tenancy renwal fees, arrears and tenancy closing fees. They did not even justify these charges and responded in a rude manner when I questioned these charges. I filed the case with TDS and the adjudicator found atlantis at fault and only 72 pounds was deducted and the remaining amount was returned. I would seriously advise against using the services from Atlantis as they try to mint money from people. If you want to use their services then make sure you clarify all the charges and fees upfront else they will try to cheat you. Use their services at your own risk!
The agent needs to be clear right at the beginning re the charges which tenant might need to pay during and at he end of tenancy. Also, they should communicate with the tenant in timely and transparent manner to avoid any misunderstanding.
Attached Files
By: Tina Watkin
Mar 19, 2015
Dear Mohit,

I'm sorry you've not been entirely satisfied with your rental experience and have taken to this website to air concerns. Just to confirm a couple of the points you've made, firstly all fees associated with a tenancy are clearly outlined in the Tenancy Agreement you signed prior to moving in. Secondly, we are required by law to hold the deductions from the deposit that were disputed. This isn't a case of anything being ‘taken', but simply held until the TDS make judgement. I hope this explains why things happened as they did, once again I am sorry you weren't pleased with the service you received. If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly on the details below.

Kind regards,