Nov 20,2013
By: 'pixiegirl'
Nov 20,2013
The apartment I\'ve recently started renting from Thomas George is cold, smelly, damp, and was filthy when I moved in. The building in general is extremely noisy, with no apparent soundproofing between apartments whatsoever (despite Thomas George\'s pre-tenancy assurances that we wouldn\'t hear a peep out of our upstairs neighbours - on the contrary, the man in the apartment above is possibly the noisiest, most heavy-footed man in the universe). A closer inspection of the property on the day that we moved in revealed broken and dangerous flooring, shoddy toilets (cracked and loose seats, flush handles that fall off the wall, an inch of limescale in the bowl), a broken and rickety shower, and a plethora of other issues. If you email Thomas George they take days to respond, if they even bother to respond at all. Any response is generally a fob-off.
A few additional points: The initial inventory was largely incorrect and took me hours to amend, the Thomas George/LetRisks referencing process turned into a debacle that I had to sort out myself (makes you wonder what you pay Thomas George hundreds of pounds in fees for...), and the monthly rent - considering the state of the property - is extortionate.
I cannot wait to leave. I urge you not to waste your time and money on a property let by Thomas George.
By: Seb the cat
Feb 23, 2017
I can honestly believe everything that you have written. My daughter had a very similar experience withTG, in fact when I started reading your review I thought she had written it. Beware of them, go to another letting agent.

Thomas George Estate Agents