Jun 26,2013
Jun 26,2013
I rented a flat from them. They disguised mould and a fixed window unit. No cooperation to complete any repairs. The Environmental Health Department from the Cardiff Council got involved, issued them with a warning to carry out the repairs. The agents were dismissive towards them too, all they could parrot was "the contract" and "the rent". I paid them no rent what so ever, sued the landlord, suing the agents. They ended up getting fined from the council too! All good. Feel free to rent from them only if: 1)You are 100% certain there will be no problems with the property or 2) you are 100% certain you can deal with scum like them. If you are legally trained helps too, to shut them up when they talk nonsense!
I rented a flat from them. They disguised mould and a fixed window unit. No cooperation to complete any repairs. The Environmental Health Department from the Cardiff Council got involved, issued them with a warning to carry out the repairs. The agents were dismissive towards them too, all they could parrot was \"the contract\" and \"the rent\". I paid them no rent what so ever, sued the landlord, suing the agents. They ended up getting fined from the council too! All good. Feel free to rent from them only if: 1)You are 100% certain there will be no problems with the property or 2) you are 100% certain you can deal with scum like them. If you are legally trained helps too, to shut them up when they talk nonsense!
Attached Files
By: KZ
Oct 22, 2013
1) Get a Private Sector Housing - Environmental Department of Cardiff City Council report and schedule of works issued
2) Get a Personal Injury claim against the Landlord - if you suffered stress, asthma etc.
3) Demand the estate agent fees back and write to the Property Ombudsman
4) Send them a bunch of roses and a box of chocolates and wish them good luck for future business!
By: Lioxoda
Oct 19, 2013
Thank-you for your review- I've had exactly the same problems! We rented a flat in Atlantic Wharf and there was a disguised mold problem along with extensive other repair issues that were never carried out. They are terrible and I'll be taking them to court too, so I greatly appreciate any help you might be able to give me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same flat! I've uploaded a video I took of the mold if you want to see how gross it was.

Please comment back if you are interested in this case, I'd really appreciate it.
Attachments

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Thomas George Estate Agents Office 1! To leave a new review of Thomas George Estate Agents Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Thomas George Estate Agents Office 1