Oct 20,2013
By: 'Lioxoda'
Oct 20,2013
These estate agents are beyond a joke. We rented a property which was a little shabby, but looked like it could be made a home. We moved in and soon realised not all was as it seemed. A severe black mold problem had been painted over and soon became apparent within the first couple of months. This was reported for a YEAR while nothing was done about it and we were advised to clean it off ourselves. Finally, Environmental Health came out and a finally, the work was done. It was found there was a broken extractor fan in the bathroom (no window), so condensation was constantly circulating the flat. I phoned to see when we\'d first reported the mold and the agent slipped up revealing it had been reported 1 year before we moved in! The flat was also let as furnished, yet once we started using the furniture we realised it was all junk and had to be removed and replaced at our own costs. One set of draws had been propped up and was only on 3 legs, the dining set literally fell apart while my boyfriend was sat at it, the shelves had holes in the back and the only furniture we ended up keeping was the bed and one shabby set of draws hidden away in a cupboard. That, from a fully furnished flat. As no repairs were done and if any were, they were significantly late, more problems developed. At one point I discovered the whole bathroom subfloor was rotten through and needed replacing. I had asked many times for them to replace the lino which they failed to do and would have noticed this earlier had they been bothered (the lino was actually stained because of the water underneath). While they were fixing this, we were left without use of the only bathroom at the property for almost a week. There were many other problems, including a broken locking mechanism to the front door (the only entry/ exit) meaning we were stuck in/out of the property on multiple occasions. Desperate to move, I even viewed other properties they had available and I can tell you, most were just as bad. If you want serious problems and to waste your money and health, go with these idiots. I now have a chronic skin condition developed while at the flat as a lovely memoir. Not to mention the implications on my mental health having to live in this dive like rats.
Haha \"If you selected no, please help us by saying what the agent could have done to help you change your mind\" - erm, their job!
Attached Files