Sep 23,2010
Sep 23,2010
If you would like an Estate agent to treat your potential buyers like scum then I fully recommend Stephensons. For example I rang up to ask them to let the seller know we were going on holiday and that she would need to get back to us with a response to our offer and they insisted that the seller already knew this even though I was telling them this for the first time!

Also when the seller rejected our initial offer I asked what sort of offer they may be open to and they told me haughtily "that isn't how it works, you have to make a higher offer". I'm sure that counter offers are quite common in house buying!

Even if we were not going to be able to buy that particular house there may have been another property on their books which we might have bought. However the agent was such a patronising, rude and unpleasant person I would have struggled to phone them up. Of course vendors do not have to accept offers but agents should still be polite to potential buyers.

Also on Saturdays viewings are conducted by temp staff who may not know anything about the house and might not have a key to the back door!

Our offer was 8% below the asking price so we were not wasting anyone's time. Don't waste yours and choose an Estate agent that is at least slightly pleasant, it's a difficult enough time to sell your house right now as it is.
By: loz
May 24, 2012
we are in the prosses of buying a house through stephensons and they are very close to making us drop out at a very late stage. really rude and talk to you as if your an idiot that will beleve anything. they are so rude and offensive that they have almost left my girl friend in tears after phone calls which is not like her at all.
all they want is there comision as quick as possible. i personally hope they go under, dont use them
By: niknak
Mar 10, 2011
Sadly I must agree with your comments. The York office is manned by extremely rude, impolite, and condescending staff. Can't say I will be going back any time soon.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Stephensons Estate Agents York! To leave a new review of Stephensons Estate Agents York, please click the link below !
Write a review for Stephensons Estate Agents York