Jan 16,2013
Jan 16,2013

Attitude problems (Kerry especially)
Inability to return phone calls
Inability to follow an in-house complaints procedure
Inability to speak to tenants with curacy or respect

DO NOT USE LINLEY & SIMPSON - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!
I have LET a number of properties over the years (6) in total. Linley & Simpson are the worst letting agents i have ever dealt with. Grievances comprise of: Attitude problems (Kerry especially) Inability to return phone calls Showing the property to prospective tenants with 6 months remaining on the current tenancy Inability to follow an in-house complaints procedure Inability to speak to tenants with curacy or respect DO NOT USE LINLEY & SIMPSON - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!
By: Ryan
Jan 23, 2013
Please do not be fooled by Ross Harding's response, If you have any doubt about my review of Linley and Simpson you may find the following link very interesting. http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews253823.html

Clearly i am not the only person to find Linley and Simpson simply the worst estate agents in the United Kingdom !.
By: Ryan
Jan 17, 2013
Since posting the above review - i have been contacted by Ross @ Linley and Simpson (Out of order in my opinion) However he seems to think my comments are "Unjust and Untrue" - I stand corrected regarding showing prospective tenants around the property, with 6 months remaining on the tenancy - it is actually when the current tenant has given notice, so in theory this could be any length of time (not just 6 months). This is the level of respect and curtacey i have been speaking about in my review. Instead of posting a response i have revived an angry phone call - this supposedly the branch manager. Draw from this what you will !
By: Ross Harding, Branch Manager
Jan 17, 2013
Unfortunately this is the down side to being listed on a review website. It allows tenants to post lies and abuse about agents. This particular tenant has left the property in an appalling condition and hasn't taken too kindly to being told as much.

Regarding his individual points:

Attitude problems - Pot...kettle? He obviously doesn't like being told that they will be losing most if not all of their deposit due to the appalling state in which the property was left, and it is especially apparent that he does not like being spoken to by women as he is always very nice on the phone to me but not to any of my female colleagues. The property requires a full clean as it was left very dirty and smelling of smoke (non smoking property), carpet clean (the tenants provided a hand written receipt for carpet cleaning, although the carpets showed no sign of being cleaned or even vacuumed!!). The property also requires a full redecoration due to the number of marks & scuffs on the walls, not to mention the food that has been thrown at the wall.

Inability to return phone calls - I find this comment the most amusing. After refusing to give us his new contact details and insisting that we only deal with his ex partner, who no longer lived at the property, I am not sure how he expects us to return his calls??

Showing the property to prospective tenants with 6 months left on the tenancy - this is simply not true. We had offered to re-let the property early as the tenants had split up and we offered them the option of an early termination, but they never returned any of our paperwork. So viewings only took place in their notice period at the end of their tenancy.

Inability to follow an in-house complaints procedure - as the first step of our complaints procedure is to put your complaint in writing to the branch manager (myself) and I have not received any such complaint to date, again this comment is a complete fabrication. The tenant mentioned that he would be making a complaint, however his comments on this site were posted prior to our conversation???

Inability to speak to tenants with courtesy (I assume that is what he means) or respect - please refer to all my comments above.

I do not feel that there is anything more to say, other than that the deposit dispute will continue in line with the requirements of our chosen scheme

Ross Harding, Branch Manager.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Linley and Simpson Office 6! To leave a new review of Linley and Simpson Office 6, please click the link below !
Write a review for Linley and Simpson Office 6