“5 Stars...”

Apr 10,2019
James
By: 'Mr R'
Apr 10,2019
I'd love to put 6, but can't so I'll just give a 5 star review.
James Hall, my agent, has mutual friends, as we lived fairly close by a few years ago.
When I decided to sell my house, I had all the usual local suspects over, all telling me how they had market share, or sold more properties, or had a bigger database, yadda yadda. What they didn't do was show much of an interest about me and just spent their 30 minutes telling me how awesome they were.
A friend mentioned James in conversation in the pub, and I though, yeah, I remember him. My pal said he was good. That was enough for me to make a call to him.
So we chatted. He asked why I was selling. How urgent it all was. He then took an instant interest in me and MY SITUATION. He never once made me feel like he was pushing himself onto me and in fact when we chatted he told me, he's not the market share agent, and doesn't work for a big firm, but what he did do was show me his reviews, and even asked if I'd like to talk to any of them.
His valuation report wasn't anything like the letter I got from any of the other agents. He sent me loads of properties I could compare with. Showed me how the market had grown (and dipped again over the last few years). He took time to explain how I should market my property to get the best level of interest. And just wow! I had read the market was in some kind of Brexit disarray. I had over 28 viewings. On a half a million pound property. That needed a little TLC.
He did two, or maybe even three open days. It was hectic and actually a little tiring. He got offers galore, but dealt with them and told me who to reject and who we should focus on. He did viewings at 8pm on a Saturday and even an annoying 9am on a Sunday (a second viewing) but more than anything else, I trusted him, I knew he was working for me and he negotiated 15k over my asking price.
I know he is self-employed and I'm assuming now that is what motivates him, as he doesn't get paid unless he gets a result. And he said he lives or dies by his reviews and he told me that at our very first meeting.
I can honestly say, I've never experienced such passion, and outright determination to do a job brilliantly, and certainly my previous experiences with agents have been the polar opposite.
I have already recommend friends to him, and will continue doing so, because if they get anything like the service and commitment I had, I can recommend James in total confidence.
I think he deserves to earn more than he charged me and I know he's growing his business and I wish him all the success. If this is his usual 'standard service' then I have to say the other agents out there really ought to be a little worried.
He's already offered to negotiate for me when I buy again, and there's no question I'll take him up on that considering he got 4 offers on my house within 4 weeks and negotiated the eventual buyer to raise his offer by £20,000 in the process!
James, I'm a man of my word, and like my email said the other day, I will take you out for that curry, once I've settled in, such is my appreciation.

Recommended wholeheartedly.
Very good fees
By: James Hall
Apr 10, 2019
Well, I can't argue with the offer! Ha ha! I'm just glad I helped you, and you've been a treat to deal with too, one of the best in fact. I wish every success moving forward with things and am looking forward to meeting and having a good chinwag. Thank you for such an awesome review.

fish need water