Aug 30,2012
Aug 30,2012
Avoid at all costs! No agency will mess you around, let you down, or bleed you dry any more than this one.

I took a property with Pat Robson, had all the paperwork done about a month in advance, and had paid out over £1000 to them. Just 2 HOURS before my check in, whilst I was on my way to collect my keys and move in, they called me to tell me the current tenants hadn\'t handed in their keys. For some reason they didn\'t know why. An hour later they called me back saying that the current tenants had a contract for a few more months, and wanted an early release - but had evidently changed their minds and there was nothing anyone could do, as their "agreement" to leave early was only a verbal contract, so meant nothing.

They didn\'t offer any alternative accommodation, and gave me a new vague date that the tenants said they would move out (because we all know how reliable that is). I really liked the property, so I said I would wait on the condition that I had admin fees removed and a signed agreement from the tenants that they\'d be gone by then.

2 weeks later, after hearing nothing, I just gave up and asked for my money back, which they were in no hurry to return to me and I had to chase them up for it. They claimed to have called and left voicemails, but I hadn\'t gotten a thing. Thought my phone might\'ve been the problem, but everyone else in the world can get through to me without any problems, so I began to doubt they\'d bothered.

I\'d incurred costs for transferring my internet and moving my things, said that they should pay for it in addition to returning everything I\'d paid, because they were completely unavoidable and solely the fault of the agency. Then to add insult to injury, the manager told me that as a "goodwill" gesture, my admin fee would be refunded. When I pointed out that it was not goodwill as it would be illegal for them to keep it, she decided that because I had said on the phone that I would wait, that I had lost the admin fee. For a start, I had agreed to wait providing conditions were met - and they weren\'t so it was never an agreement. Secondly, verbal agreements being meaningless is precisely why I\'m in this situation.

Yet these sly people tried to say that I owed them an admin fee because of a meaningless verbal "contract" which they failed to uphold anyway.

When I pointed this out, they just stopped responding to me, so now I have to issue court proceedings against them. Last thing I want to do going into my final year at uni.

They\'ve left me homeless and they couldn\'t care less, and gave me no chance to avoid it as I had no warning of the risk I was taking. I found their actions deceitful and underhanded. Horrible, people who refuse to pay for their mistakes, and would rather try to lie their way out of it, insulting their customer\'s intelligence in the process.

Absolute c**ts.
Should have paid up the money they are legally obligated to pay me, and not been so profoundly stupid as to sign up 2 tenants to the same property.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Pat Robson & Co Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of Pat Robson & Co Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Pat Robson & Co Ltd Office 1