Aug 08,2012
Aug 08,2012
As a professional family with 3 children living in the house as tenants for a number of years we had the most terrible experience with this letting agent. The staff were rude and unpersonable (the staff turnover was quite frequent I may add) always very slow to deal with any matters and totally unreasonable and defensive.
It was an awful situation to be in as you are at the mercy of the agent for all things as there were never any details of the property owner on hand. to list everything on here would take me too long and quite frankly brings the trauma back.
When we left (having been given notice and thankfully finding another property quite swiftly) they completely unjustly kept one third of our deposit even though we disputed it with the DPS. They had even instructed us NOT to redecorate or clean carpets as the owner was moving back in and putting in new kitchen and gutting the house. We had NO chance of winning the dispute
whatsoever. We had never ever been at the wrongful end of any business in our lives until we met Northwood.
They even speculated about dust on the lampshades (which I had actually hoovered!!)
This is how they guarantee Landlords rent 52 weeks of the year as they make their money by robbing the Tenants. The heartache and stress this caused me counteracted the fact that it had been a happy home for us for 4 years and to end it all like that was just awful.
If you are a tenant please don\'t use this agency. They are unconscionable thieves and have NO compassion nor empathy.
I didn\'t know this existed and I really hope that this may deter some unsuspecting future tenants.
By: GogglesOff
Sep 13, 2012
At least Northwood are consistent - they provide a rubbish service for both landlords and tenants alike! Let out properties yourself people, this will still be FAR LESS HASSLE than using Northwood. They will only cost you money, time and frustration.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Northwood Plymouth! To leave a new review of Northwood Plymouth, please click the link below !
Write a review for Northwood Plymouth