Jul 29,2012
Jul 29,2012
I regards to both the Agency and Member of staff.

I have to agree with other frustrated tenets, Pat Robson acting on behalf of the landlord are not only difficult to deal with but also have a terrible reputation locally when dealing with tenets. Below are some of our own experiences with this agency. ( in regards to renting )

1. Moved in under false pretences

We as a couple saw the property 1 hour after advertised and the next morning came to sign for property, we had some special circumstances in regards to taking up tenancy due to personal commitments. Pat Robson claimed that they had liaiased with landlord in regard to this and the LL had agreed to our requirements - it was later discovered that the landlord had never been asked and as a result we had to change labour personal arrangements. May I also note that it took 3 weeks for PR to process paperwork for us to move in and still charged a considerable agency fee thought their cost of sale was negligible and service was very poor.

2. Maintenance.

Including Rat\'s being present in the property ( please note this is in regards to a £800 pm professional 2 bed letting ) Pat Robson failed to carry out basic maitinence including fixtures and fittings to be replaired on the provision that we were to move in. In addition we went for 3 month without an oven- though it was reported that due to a electrical surge due to poor wiring i the comunial areas.

3. Damp

Though PR were made aware of damp running throughout the property they failed to acknowledge the problem and insisted that it was due to condensation - despite a letter from an expert.

4. Deposit

Due to promised maitinence not being carried out we were left with no other option than to vacate the premise. We notified PR of our frustrations and they now are trying to claim over £1000 in damages as to cover the cost of the problems that were highlighted before and during the tenancy which were out of our control. This is not uncommon for Pat Robson to do, we have heard from previous tenets that this happens and were prepared.

Pat Robson will use in their defence that in the tenancy agreement that we as ten nets accepted that the property was in good condition before starting tenancy yet they fail to acknowledge verbal agreements though documented and messages left on phones / email.

5. Staff

Though a legal requirement , it seems that Pat Robson will try everything to ensure that the tenets can not speak to the landlord directly. It can be accepted that some landlords prerf this, however on our occasion it was found out this not to be the case and Pat Robson still pursued. One can only assume so that they can charge over priced fees to landlords.

In addition staff, most notable a male member working in jesmond office when highlighting concerns in regards to the lack of maitinence and deposit found it necessary to claim that I was lying in regards to several documented concerns including paying for a professional clean on termination of tenancy. He also took it upon himself to send threatening phone calls to my fiancƒÂ© in an attempt to bully her into accepting demands.

I would highly recommend that if considering using Pat Robson Esate Agency as either a Tennant and / or Landlord to stay well clear as you will only inccour costs and frustration.

We knew about Pat Robsons pbad reputation before signing agreement but as we loved the property so much we still went with them - with hindsight it was not worth it at all and would sincerely reccomend that if you are also considering using Pat Robson Esate Agency to not make the same mistake we did.
Improve on customer service dramatically.
By: Okido
Aug 21, 2012
I'd advise anyone to avoid this agency at all costs. They've left me homeless without even a days notice!

I took a property from them with a month until my move in date, all of the paperwork was done and signed. TWO HOURS before I was scheduled to move in I had a phone call saying the current tenants hadn't handed in their keys. A few hours later I was told that the current tenants had a contract for another 2 months. They'd wanted an early release, but PR hadn't formed any written contract to guarantee this. It was an empty verbal agreement and the tenants had changed their minds.

I was given no offer of alternative accommodation. I was told that the tenants decided they'd leave in September, and I could wait - or just take back all of my money. I said I would wait (because I really liked the place), providing I had admin fees off and a written guarantee that the place would be free come my new move in day. I gave them a week to provide me with this and they failed. After 2 weeks of waiting I decided I didn't want to deal with PR any more and requested all of my money back plus costs incurred because of them (i.e. moving van, internet cancellation as I'd set it up to activate on my move in day). They insisted that they'd called and left voicemails. My phone is a bit temperamental, but I had no missed calls or voicemails at all, yet everyone else could get through to me no problem, so I'm beginning to doubt that.

The agent suggested compensation on top of having my fees etc back. They eventually returned all of the money owed, but when I asked about covering my expenses they suddenly changed their mind and decided that giving me back the admin fee was the compensation. It was not. It was legally owed to me and as well as leaving me homeless they've also left me over £100 out of pocket. These costs were entirely the agency's fault and completely impossible to avoid/mitigate on my part.

I pointed out that this was not compensation because it was owed anyway, they stated that because I'd said I'd wait for the property and then dropped out that I'd have normally lost my admin fee. This came out of nowhere as it was never disputed that my admin fee was going to be given back anyway. It was also a verbal agreement, which was meaningless anyway (which is why I couldn't move in, remember!) And on top of that, the conditions of said agreement weren't even met!

So they have double standards, treat their customers like absolute s**t and expect you to pay for their mistakes. As a result I'm having to seek damages through court. They are disorganised, incompetent, liars. Anything but transparent. Avoid this agency like the plague.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Pat Robson & Co Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of Pat Robson & Co Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Pat Robson & Co Ltd Office 1