Feb 21,2018
Colin
Joyce
By: 'RS'
Feb 21,2018
I was slightly wary of going with Scottish House Move as I hadn't used a non-traditional estate agent before and I was not living in Glasgow so needed them to the do the viewings as well. However I was reassured by the reviews and was glad that I went with them. Overall I was really impressed with: (i) the speed with which Colin and the others marketed the property (ii) the number of viewings I got early on was tremendous (iii) the fact I got I sale reasonably quickly. The undertaking of the viewings and feedback from them was fine and prompt (by email.) Initially my property got lots of viewings but no offers and at that moment I wondered if I would have benefited from paying the premium for a traditional agent. When the initial offer came in Joyce was very good about letting me know promptly but there was no pressure to accept.

So yes definitely recommend.
A friend was also selling a very similar property nearby using (a good) traditional estate agent so we were able to compare experiences. Comparing with my friend who used a traditional estate agent I payed £500 + sale board cost + survey report + around £200 for SHM to do the viewings. He got a very quick sale but far fewer viewings and paid a % of sale fee which worked at around £2k + survey report and got a more hands on personalised service for that premium (e.g. they discussed the home report valuation with the surveyor). It's hard to ever know for certain, of course, but I don't have the sense that my property would have sold more quickly or for more with a traditional estate agent - indeed I don't think I would have got as many viewings as I did, and it would have needed to have sold for over 1k more to break even with a traditional seller.

Scottish House Move