Jan 02,2018
Jill
By: 'Erin'
Jan 02,2018
Firstly, Happy New Year to all at PM. Best wishes for 2018!

I want to thank Jill Brewster for her efforts to sort out heating issues for me in what was a busy time for her in the run up to Christmas.
Jill was genuinely concerned and helpful in trying to rectify the very cold conditions and sky high energy bills I have been experiencing since the storms of late October and through Nov/Dec
Jill acted as promptly as she was able to in getting the landlord's agreement, and thanks go also to Shaun and Bob who did the work efficiently and cleanly.

Unfortunately, although there is some improvement, this is partly due to milder weather and I believe the inertia stone system (two radiators) struggles to reach an adequate room temperature and is very costly however careful I am in my use of it.
The room thermometer shows mainly 16 degrees Centigrade, occasionally reaching 19/20 C if left on overnight. Minimum level for comfort is 21 C and 24 C is more usual.
IAnd for this I'm paying more than TWICE what it cost me to heat a large two-bed flat previously.
This equates to an extra £100 a month through the winter months and this for a chilly flat!

I would like to improve the situation and this week will be trying out a free standing fan heater to see if this is cheaper and more effective.
Heavy, lined curtains would probably also help but is an investment I am reluctant to make due to yet more cost to me.

I will continue to monitor the situation and to keep in touch with Property Moves.

Sincerely,