...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Aug 19,2016
By: 'mrhello'
Aug 19,2016
I have just sold my London home using Visum. I previously had an estate agent but after 6 weeks I realised that why should I pay an agent 1-2% of my sales proceeds for doing something that I could do myself. All they do is advertise the property on Rightmove and Zoopla and wait for enquiries to come in.

Visum does the same for about £100 rather than the £5k I would have ended up paying to the estate agent!

I took my own pictures, wrote my own nice long detailed description. Interested viewers contacted me and I arranged viewings after work or on weekends and answered all of their questions about the home and the area. I eventually had a cash offer within a couple of weeks despite the slow post-Brexit market.

I had also bought this very same house a couple of years earlier and the seller at the time had also used the same process. This was during the hot market. I viewed the house on the day it was listed and made my offer that evening which was accepted the next day - that particular seller took one day to sell his property for less than £100!
Excellent. Sold my house for ‚£100. The cheapest high street agent charges 1% + VAT would have been almost ‚£5k.

Visum