Sep 26,2017
By: 'Colin Bayley'
Sep 26,2017
Advertised one of my rental properties with Visum, Not at all happy with the level of service received to date. I have voiced my concerns with the manager who appears to be trying to hide behind the data protection act and not answer my questions. I also arranged for a 'mystery shopper' to contact them, and it took 2 days for the enquiry to be sent through to me. When I questioned this they again said they could not give me the information I was asking for due to the data protect act. I am now in the process of submitting a formal complaint via the Property Ombudsman scheme.
N/a
By: Mark Baldwin
Hi Colin,

I think that's entirely fair. I'll wait to hear from them.

Kind regards,

Mark.
By: Colin Bayley
Sep 28, 2017
Thank you for the reply, as previously mentioned I will send the matter over to The Property Ombudsman to review this matter in full.
By: Mark Baldwin
Hi Colin,

I'm happy to discuss your situation on here, an open public forum, if you wish? We have nothing to hide. All enquiries are processed within 5 minutes, any time of day or night, 365 days a year. In order to comply with the data protection act an enquirer has to confirm to us that they are happy for us to release their details to you. That is the law, whether we like it or not, and we won't break it regardless of whether it means us earning a 1 star review from you or not

I have listened to the recording of the mystery shop call and I'm happy that my colleague handled the call perfectly. If the lady who carried out the call confirms in writing (an email from the address she gave in the call will suffice) I would be happy to put the call up on the internet and post a link here for anyone who is interested to listen to. I think that would be fair and that way people can make up their own minds.

Kind regards,