Sep 07,2014
By: 'Lorraine'
Sep 07,2014
I advertised my daughters house on Visum for her, due to financial constraints she was unable to sell with an estate agent. I have two gripes with Visum.
1/ I asked a friend (he is a mystery shopper) to call up and enquire about the property and to give me feedback. His feedback was that the person on the phone could hardly speak english, infact, he asked if he was speaking to an English call centre. He was asked lots and lots of questions even though my friend stated that all he wanted was the sellers contact name and phone number and he would call the seller straight away. He was subsequently given my incorrect name along with my correct phone number. He advised me that if he were in fact a potential buyer he would have been greatly put off from even calling me, he said the worst thing I could have done in his opinion is to have advertised the house through Visum. I received no queries on the house and am now deciding whether to pay for an estate agent myself or to find another online agent who can offer a professional service, being that I have already wasted one months viewing time for my daughter's property.
2/ It took several days from my initial request and gathering more and more information/proof to enable them to list the property on my behalf. I did send an email asking if I would get the full one month advertising that I had paid for, no response. At the time of listing the advert, it was not stipluated what additional information would be required apart from my identification. This should be addressed at the initial stages, not being able to get the extra information from the seller straight away, it may have discouraged me from using Visum.
HOUSE NOT SOLD NOT ONE PERSON MADE CONTACT