...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Sep 20,2017
By: 'teg'
Sep 20,2017
As a tenant they totally ripped us off!!! They supply an invoice for £180 for two credit checks. Once you have paid via Paypal they then tell you the criteria needed. We felt the information should be available to prospective tenants before they have to part with their cash.
I needed a guarantor as i am a student although my income was enough(and we pay a higher rent at present) and my credit check etc is good.
The landlord refused me because of this. If i had known i wouldn't have paid the £180 to them! I wonder how many other people are losing money this way!
Bad
By: teg
Sep 27, 2017
Rubbish!!! The email does not state anything about criteria! Just lots of info on how to pay £180.
By: Mark
Sep 27, 2017
Hi Teg,
Thanks for coming back to me. I've retrieved the email from our sent box. It was sent at 3.12pm on 12th September. If it didn't get to you all I can think of is that it may have gone to your junk folder or something?

Kind regards,

Mark.
By: teg
Sep 25, 2017
Mark,
This was not true in our case.
I certainly would not have paid the large amount if I had known.
Regards
By: Mark Baldwin
Sep 22, 2017
Hi Teg,
A data sheet explaining the criteria prospective tenants need to meet to pass referencing checks is sent out WITH the request for payment, not after. The idea is that tenants read it first so as not to waste their time or the landlords going through a check that they won't pass. Stating that we send the criteria out after you've paid is untrue and unfair to us - we deal honestly with everything, whether they are our client or not.

Kind regards,