Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Dec 05,2011
Dec 05,2011
Woodstar runs a clever scheme. Let me explain. I moved into my one-bedroom flat the last weekend of October 2010. That night I discovered that the heat and hot water were out. That was not fixed until Monday. Luckily, the shower was electric and I had a kettle. There was a gas heater installed in the living room, which barely kept me warm that night, unless I wanted to sleep on the couch. Which, you'll find out, I'm very glad I didn't. The next morning, I discovered that the fridge was broken, my food spoiled. The fridge had a funny smell and I found out the freezer had been punctured and was leaking, but the holes were painted over. Thus, the funny smell. The flat was described as having double glazed windows, they meant only in the living room. Oh, sorry that wasn't explained better, I was told. Two days after I moved in, I realized I started itching while sitting on the couch. Moving it, I discovered the back of the couch had patches of white eggs. The couch was infested with bed bugs. . For a couple weeks, I had to sit on a camp chair, or at the table. Woodstar had the living room and bedroom bug bombed and ordered a new couch. The fridge was eventually replaced (I had to borrow a friend's drinks fridge for two weeks) and the food reimbursed.
Meanwhile, I found the kitchen was full of old dishes, some with caked-on food and a few pots that were so old, they were covered in grease, with dead bugs in them. DEAD bugs! I bought new pots and pans. Woodstar reimbursed me. There were short black hairs all over the flat, even though I had been told it was professionally cleaned.
By the beginning of December, all was fixed. I spent the rest of the time enjoying my flat. Then it came time for me to move out. I spent an entire day cleaning it. After I moved out, and out of the country, I received pictures from the inspection company Woodstar used. The flat was a wreck. I was told they had come during the cleaning and this wouldn't be reflected in my refund. Then I received notice that I was receiving £250 out of my £500 security deposit. The walls (which were not professionally painted) had to be painted again due to some damage. I was sent pictures from the cleaners and, well, the old pots and pans showed up. The bill emailed to me stated it took 30 and ½ hours to clean the flat. A one bedroom flat! I did not receive an itemized bill. I complained to Woodstar and received no answer. Nor an itemized cleaning bill.
I realized that this is what Woodstar does. They pretend to bend over backwards for you and then take all this kindness out of your pocket. I would like to see the flat now, after it's ¢â‚¬Å“professional cleaning.¢â‚¬Â I should have moved out in that first month, claiming un-livable conditions. My advice: Avoid Woodstar.
They could have been honest with me from the beginning. I feel that they do this to every tenant, don't make any changes, and then charge your for them.
By: Woodstar Property Management
Mar 06, 2012
Thank you for this feedback, I completely understand your dissatisfaction and I am sorry for all the problems you had. I know you had lots of difficulties at the start of your tenancy and you really were a patient and understanding tenant. The problems you had with the heating, the couch and the fridge/freezer were not something we could have known about before you moved in and we really did work hard to remedy these problems; as per the timescale in your comment.

About the deposit deductions, again I can understand your feelings about this. We use a professional, accredited inventory company who make a VERY detailed document, with photos, at the start of the tenancy and we also use their services to conduct a check in appointment with our tenants. This same company is then employed to carry out a check out inspection at the end of the tenancy, with photos again. We do this for our tenant’s benefit and also to ensure we offer the most professional service to the landlord.

Our cleaners are also excellent and provide another detailed report (with photos) on the work they had to do, which is also shared with you. In fact all of the information we gather is shared with our tenants. I would also like to make it clear that your contribution to cleaning was less than half, with the owner of the property paying the rest. I know you were unhappy with the cleanliness at your tenancy start and it is only with this level of attention that we are able to avoid this fate for the next tenant.

This feedback is very useful. We are a very professional, open and honest company and will continue to work hard to offer the best service possible.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Woodstar Property Management Office 1! To leave a new review of Woodstar Property Management Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Woodstar Property Management Office 1