Nov 27,2011
Nov 27,2011
Had a viewing arranged for 3pm. Rang to say would be 10 min late, only to be told by the agent that she had cancelled the viewing at my own request "because the house was not near a shop/pub" - this being a house in the middle of a town! Without access to my email, I could not be sure the mistake was not mine, so requested to rearrange the viewing. The agent shouted at me and told me very rudely "yes - YOU made a mistake - don't go knocking on the door, and disturb the owners!". On checking my email, I found that it had been a totally different property I had said we would not view - she simply had not read my mail properly and compounded the error by assuming the mistake was mine and being extremely rude.

We subsequently viewed the property and made an offer. Admittedly it was a very low offer, but the agent said she would let me know if they received any other offers. Thinking of upping our offer, we made a second appointment to view at 1pm last Thursday. We live in Belgium and came over specifically to view this and other properties. The agent knew that we were in UK and had my UK mobile number. The day before our appointment, she rang my Belgian number and left a message saying that the sale had been agreed and they were cancelling the viewing.
Four important errors
- not reading emails properly, assuming (wrongly) that the client is at fault
- being offensive on the 'phone
- not contacting us to inform us of higher offer
- failing to contact us on the correct number to cancel viewing, resulting in a wasted half day for us
Nothing. She was rude and incompetent and there is no way I would use them again.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Gobbitt & Kirby Office 1! To leave a new review of Gobbitt & Kirby Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Gobbitt & Kirby Office 1