Apr 02,2015
By: 'angela naish'
Apr 02,2015
An agent from Pygott and Crone came to survey my property for the prospective purchasers mortgage. At my home he told me that my property would definitely value up and that everything would go through fine. I expected this to be the case as my property was fairly priced in comparison to similar properties in the area. It is a 3 bedroomed detached cottage with an acre of land and stables and I was asking 200k as it requires some rennovation. The surveyor then went back to his office and decided on a price much much lower than my asking price and also much much lower than any similar property in this area. This meant that my buyer was unable to proceed and I did not sell my house. The buyer wanted to proceed but could not get a sufficient

The surveyor could not give any reasons for his change of mind neither would he look at the similar properties I had provided to him. He would not and could not justify his valuation and lost my buyer his dream home.

Pygott & Crone