Mar 23,2011
Mar 23,2011
The worst letting agency I have ever came across. I have used in total six in my life and before Clyde only once have I been deducted money from my deposit. Not a bad record as far as leaving the house in good order.

I left my house earlier than planned as I got offered a job in Sweden. That was mid January. It's not march the 23rd and until today (when I threatened them with health and safety reports) I had heard nothing despite several emails.

They are claiming nearly all of my deposit because we left the house in an unsatisfactory state.
1. It was nicer and cleaner than it was when we moved in.
2. We had no water for 1 and a half weeks because of frozen pipes. Very difficult to clean with no water and we never stayed there for the last 1.5 weeks because of that.

I replaced the lawnmower and hoover which was not my responsibility because they were old and just failed. They don't care.
I got two of the three burst pipes fixed. They don't care.
I painted and protected the fence. They don't care.
They are claiming for the shed door because it blew off in the wind. I'd be fine with that because I left it open but the frame and door were rotten. I put it back up. Painted, protected it replaced the lock. They don't care.

During Scotland's coldest winter in 30 years they left me without heating! Despite me telling them in Sep/Oct they never done anything about it and in Jan when we were hitting -12 I got it fixed myself.

The next autumn/winter (this one just passed) I told them in august that the shower packed in. I told them I needed showers because as a window cleaner my income plumits in winter so with heating on most the time (it would escape through the windows) I didn't want to add to the bill with expensive baths. They did nothing.

When I moved in they had a sofa there. It was horrible and old. But we kept it and cleaned it until we got a new one. Because we were moving to Sweden we thought as a thanks kinda, we'd leave them this newish couch. Much nicer than the disgusting one they left us. Then they tell my mum (yes the contacted her not me) that they cannot take the couch. Which is a lie because they were happy to take the one they left us.

Do not use Clyde Property!
May 09, 2012
I have just left a flat which i rented for 6mnth with clyde and i left it in a better condition that when i moved in. The place was needing a paint and the carpets were in need of a clean. I cleaned the place from top to bottom . It was shining and they have picked hundreds of faults in every room. They have said the walls and doors are badly scuffed. I have left pin pricks in plcaes where idid not even have a picture up. I would never private rent through these people again. I think thet are crooks and obviously out to make money for the landlord and themselves.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Clyde Property Shawlands! To leave a new review of Clyde Property Shawlands, please click the link below !
Write a review for Clyde Property Shawlands