Feb 03,2011
Feb 03,2011
I am a tenant at a Colchester apartment.

My first ever rented apartment with my girlfriend. Our first flat was meant to be a happy first home that we will remember. The flat is lovely.

The letting agency are disgusting. We was meant to move in on the 16th September. On the 15th September 4pm I got a phone call " You cannot move into the property as they are making changes to the kitchen". Which they knew for about a week before they told us. When we went in we documented everything that was bad on the inventory. Shelve falling off. Hoover broken. Ceiling with mould. We rang them every week we could, telling them it still not been fixed.

And then .. LOL !.. 6 months later, we get a email "I have no records of you telling us about your problems. So could you please send a email about the problems."

2 months later. No responses. I really wish I could stay in the flat and not deal with these money grabbing lazy lot.

I feel sick to think if ill get my money back for the deposit.
By: Tasshu
Mar 30, 2011
Glad people have the same issues as me. Its really a terrible company. Hope they see this. Cant believe im still renting with them.
By: fiogor
Feb 23, 2011
Woah lol! knew they would do it again! surprise surprise...Essex & Suffolk lettings also rented me an apartment back in 2009 when the front door actually moved (!!) I'm honestly not kidding, prior to my moving in which they were aware of but of course failed to tell me!!!

Then 4 weeks into tenancy without fair and proper warning just walked into my 'home' - I hadn't been notified of their intended visit/inspection.

Then when my landlord decided to ditch them they only went and issued a totally different key back! Not the right one for the flat - would you really trust them with your greatest asset?

Awful shocking company - one to avoid.

Essex & Suffolk Lettings